PDA

View Full Version : how do you play this AK better@final table in BB $5 rebuy period over

blendedsuit
07-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Rebuy period is over, in decent position. Villian is very loose aggressive. Ony top 2 get prize money.
Doobler is at seat 0 with 6450.
GracesAces is at seat 1 with 14630.
<font color="red"> VILLIAN </font> is at seat 2 with 12730.
OpenSeat is at seat 3 with 5665.
Corvette Kid is at seat 4 with 4195.
dendog2 is at seat 5 with 2875.
<font color="blue"> HERO </font> is at seat 6 with 7260.
Anth0ny is at seat 7 with 10260.
dnpcd is at seat 8 with 2935.
redcannon is at seat 9 with 0 (sitting out).
The button is at seat 4.

dendog2 posts the small blind of 75.
<font color="blue"> HERO </font> posts the big blind of 150.

<font color="blue"> HERO </font>: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Pre-flop:

Anth0ny raises to 300. dnpcd folds. Doobler folds. GracesAces folds. <font color="red"> VILLIAN </font> calls. OpenSeat folds. Corvette Kid folds. dendog2 folds. <font color="blue"> HERO </font> re-raises to 750. Anth0ny calls. <font color="red"> VILLIAN </font> calls.

Flop (board: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif):

<font color="blue"> HERO </font> bets 2000. Anth0ny folds. <font color="red"> VILLIAN </font> calls.

turn (board: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

<font color="blue"> HERO </font> goes all-in for 4510. VILLIAN calls.

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

BOMO342 shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="blue"> HERO </font> shows Kd Ac.

River (board: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

BOMO342 has flush, king high. K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="blue"> HERO </font> has Kd Ac Kh 9s 8s: a pair of kings.

Hand #2231869-23 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
BOMO342 wins 15345 with flush, king high.
<font color="blue"> HERO </font> is eliminated.

mackthefork
07-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Nicely done in my opinion, a little more preflop prehaps but other than that he is just on a hiding to nothing, he made 3 mistakes and got lucky, thats all there is to it.

Regards ML

07-30-2004, 09:55 AM
The only thing I could have different is pushing on the flop with TPTK. This could have deterred Villain from calling even if he is LAG. If my estimation is correct, Villain has the odds to call on the turn for his back door flush draw.

jeeves
07-30-2004, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain has the odds to call on the turn for his back door flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran some numbers since this didn't sound quite right...

After the turn there was 6325 in the pot, and when HERO pushed it brought the pot to 10835 and made it 4510 for VILLIAN to call. VILLIAN has maybe 14 outs (9 spades, 2 kings, and 3 sixes), giving him roughly a 30% chance of drawing to the nuts (though I don't know that I'd call kings over sixes the nuts). Now I don't consider myself an expert at the math of hold 'em; I'm still learning, but doesn't that mean that it's incorrect for him to call anything more than 30% of the pot, which would be 3250, making his call of 4510 incorrect by quite a bit?

I just want to make sure that I've got my head around this properly, thanks!

Cleveland Guy
07-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Did the Villian have a read you might be bluffing? or trying to buy the pot with something like JJ or QQ?

His calling to a re-raise of 750, with the original raiser already calling seems very very suspect. If that's the case- he might just be a LAG who got very lucky, and with a stubborn top pair, might not have been anything you could have done.

If that's the case- i would take note of who this person was, you'll push around his TPNK more often than he'll hit the backdoor flush.

07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I do not use thorough calculations and simply relies on odds which I found sufficient. With 1 card to come, to draw to the flush is 9 outs, (I did not even consider his K or 6 which you did), is about 1.9:1 which is satisfied by his call of 4510 in a 10835 pot. If you include the 3 sixes, making it 12 outs (K is tainted anyway) then it becomes 1.2 to 1.

I hope this makes sense.

Potowame
07-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Sounds like, He forgot the re-buy was over. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

By him just calling you down, I would think he felt he was behind. If he made a play at the hand on the flop, I would say he was an okay player. He is just a Chaser that hit and broke you, but I would say that you can probley take comfort in the fact that this guy more than likley didn't make the money.

blendedsuit
07-30-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not use thorough calculations and simply relies on odds which I found sufficient. With 1 card to come, to draw to the flush is 9 outs, (I did not even consider his K or 6 which you did), is about 1.9:1 which is satisfied by his call of 4510 in a 10835 pot. If you include the 3 sixes, making it 12 outs (K is tainted anyway) then it becomes 1.2 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is 9 outs with one card to come 1.9:1, and 12 cards nearly 1.2:1. I think you are way off.

9 cards out of 45 remaining = 20%, 4:1, right?

Actually, by winning that large pot, the LAG ( loose aggressive L______ ??? ) propelled himself into a dominating 1st chip position, and eventually won over $300 by finishing 1st.