PDA

View Full Version : Standard fold on the flop? KK hand

The Setup
07-30-2004, 04:55 AM
No reads on my opponents on this one. Just want to know if this is standard play on the flop?

All comments appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Zele
07-30-2004, 08:47 AM
I'd call it, then bet the turn and fold to another raise (if the /images/graemlins/spade.gif hadn't come.) The pot is large, and you have the backdoor draw. Obviously if I was sure I was up against A's I'd lay it down, but enough players will try to push you off a PFR when an A flops (and when UTG raised the pot was unprotected) that it's worth continuing. Plus you have 2 outs that are clean almost surely.