PDA

View Full Version : Party $50NL QQ hand

Redmen62
07-30-2004, 03:20 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($81.40)
UTG ($49)
UTG+1 ($58.70)
UTG+2 ($158.05)
MP1 ($55.25)
MP2 ($63.50)
MP3 ($61.60)
CO ($27.20)
Button ($75)
Hero ($127.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $4</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $3, MP1 calls $3.

Flop: ($17) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG+2 calls $10, MP1 calls $10, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($47) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $67
<font color="green">Main Pot: $47, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $20, returned to Hero.</font>

I was not completely comfortable with any of my actions here- the flop caller who had me covered was especially worrisome. What's everyone's turn play when the K hits?

Soleo
07-30-2004, 04:08 AM
I'd re-raise preflop to about $15 to cut field and probably fold if someone pushes all-in.

schwza
07-30-2004, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd re-raise preflop to about $15 to cut field and probably fold if someone pushes all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would also reraise preflop, and i'd definitely call if either of the smaller stacks pushed. i'd probably also call if UTG+2 pushed.

on the flop, make it a real pot bet. with JT and a 2-tone board, there are a lot of draws, and you should be charging them through the nose. on the turn, you have a tough decision. you don't have any real reason to believe the K helped anyone, and i like the 1/2-pot bet to try to get to a cheap showdown (unless you hit your OESD, of course).

josie_wales
07-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Reraise with those ladies.

You have the 3rd best hand in the game.

jw

JrJordan
07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Reraise this hand preflop. You need to find out if your QQ is good before it gets too expensive. If he comes back over the top significantly, then you can make an easy fold, or just play for set value if he gives you decent odds. If he calls, then you're most likely way ahead and only need to worry about an A or K falling, instead of the risk of an overpair.

Flop: Because I would reraise preflop (and probably only have been called), I would make a bigger bet to charge the numerous draws on the board. Probably around $15.

Turn: The less than half pot bet looks very weak IMO. At least make it $25 so they still see strength. If someone comes over the top, I'd have to give them credit for the K or the made straight and most likely lay it down. If they just call, I'd have to check the turn and call if the bet is not too large and the river isn't very scary.