PDA

View Full Version : Are Handed Histories for SnG's necessary?

aesic
07-30-2004, 03:20 AM
I've been playing only SnG's for a few monthes now and I rarely look at poker tracker for SnG's. I keep track of my play by recording each finish, how much I make or lose each day, and how many hours I play. I haven't taken advantage of the SnG excel worksheets that are out there yet but I probably will at some point. Is there any reason to keep Poker Tracker stats for SnG's? I just find the hand histories filling up my limited e-mail space so I have to import and delete them more frequently than I would like. Does anyone find hand histories/poker tracker helpful for SnG's and if so, what do they use them for?

-aesic

stupidsucker
07-30-2004, 04:56 AM
I find them extremly useful. For every 2 hours I spend playing I spend an hour looking at past histories. Maybe I am just a geek.

Phill S
07-30-2004, 05:08 AM
i probably dont spend as much time as 'stupidsucker' on them, but i do spend a fair amount of time.

any result you dont see what went wrong, any win, any bad losing streak your in, get the histories, save them to your hard drive (in word or notepad or summit) then review them in a replayer.

i dont use statistical software on my play (probably should but it can wait a couple of months). but just watching a game hand for hand will help you pick up on what you missed the first time round.

oh and you record your firsts because:
a, if your in a lose streak, you can reteach yourself just why you won (for instance im in a bit of a passive streak, so by watching i can see how aggression is great)
b, they make cool movies when you have nothing else to do, maybe youll go to the extremes of inviting a few mates over, get in some lager, some popcorn, projector and a screen.

just me for part b then?

Phill