PDA

View Full Version : Poker tracker help please

arod4276
07-30-2004, 01:44 AM
hi, i am wondering what the best way is to get hand histories from empire to pokertracker without using a pop3 email account . i have them send the hand histories to my yahoo mail.... then what? sorry for the dumb question , but any help would be appreciated. thanks arod

arod4276
07-30-2004, 02:56 AM
please

Deicer.
07-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Taken from http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

"...
If you have your hand histories e-mailed to your Hotmail or Yahoo account, it may be necessary to change your mail display settings to prevent "line wrapping". If line wrapping occurs, you may not be able to import your hands successfully.

Hotmail Users: Go to your Hotmail account and select "Options". On the Options window there is a section labeled "Additional Options". Under the Additional Options section click on the "Mail Display Settings" link. Go to the "Line Width" column and set it to 132. Click the OK button to save these settings.

Yahoo Users: Go to your Yahoo account and select "Mail Options". On the Mail Options window select the link "General Preferences". Scroll down and find the option "Screen Width (Viewable)" and set that column to 99. Click the save button at the bottom of the window to save this setting. NOTE: 99 is the maximum width allowed with Yahoo, Hotmail allows for 132 characters per line. Because of this, line wrapping may still occur on some lines and it may be necessary for you to correct these problems manually...."

arod4276
07-30-2004, 03:19 AM
thank you very much for the reply,, im still not sure how to get the hand histories from the email to pokertracker.arod4276

HUSKER'66
07-30-2004, 04:16 AM
I have a yahoo account as well and know of your problems. Do you have a hotmail account? If not sign up its free and you can have your HH sent there. Then use outlook express to export.

Hope this helps

Husker

illunious
07-30-2004, 04:35 AM
I don't know how seemless the Hotmail-Outlook-Pokertracker import is, but another thing to try is signing up for a pop3 account (I use hotpop.com).

It's very easy to import HH's using a pop3 account, once it's all set up.

OrangeHeat
07-30-2004, 07:25 AM
I have had good luck using hotmail/outlook express. Quick and effecient.

Orange

Jeffro
07-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Open the email in Yahoo. In Internet Explorer go to File, Save As, change Save as type: to .txt, then choose a name and place to put the file. Then you can go to Poker Tracker, File, Import Hand Histories, and Select Files to Import, then choose the file you saved.

pudley4
07-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Go to your inbox.
Right-click the email link.
Choose "save target as".
Give it a name; click "save"

Then go into Pokertracker and import the files you saved. The files will be saved as .htm or .html - Pokertracker will read these correctly.