PDA

View Full Version : Poker Terms

guitarro777
07-30-2004, 01:13 AM
is there a website that has a glossary of every possible poker term? Sometimes when I read books on poker or turorials, I don't understand what is being said. Like, what are "bad-beats" and "outs?" This would be very helpful.

tubbyspencer
07-30-2004, 01:26 AM
You could just do an internet search perhaps. I spent at least 4 to 5 seconds to come up with this one, for example: http://conjelco.com/pokglossary.html

mistrpug
07-30-2004, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is there a website that has a glossary of every possible poker term? Sometimes when I read books on poker or turorials, I don't understand what is being said. Like, what are "bad-beats" and "outs?" This would be very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]
This site is helpful. (http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cardcounter0
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I would suggest the The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

Here is the definition for "out":

NOUN: 1. One that is out, especially one who is out of power. 2. Informal A means of escape: The window was my only out. 3. Baseball a. A play in which a batter or base runner is retired. b. The player retired in such a play. 4. Sports A serve or return that falls out of bounds in a court game. 5. Printing A word or other part of a manuscript omitted from the printed copy.

Notice the second definition for Out -- A means of escape: The window was my only out.

Using that concept what do you think it means when in poker someone says "I only have two outs"? Hint: they are not talking about baseball.

I leave it up to you to put the definition for the word "bad" and the word "beat" together and come up with a definition for "bad beat" -- Hint: they aren't talking about a really nice musical rhythmn.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MonarchDon
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
CC, I looked up the word NUTS, now what? lol

adamstewart
07-30-2004, 04:29 PM
too funny.... deacsoft would be proud.

Dominic
07-30-2004, 05:28 PM
now that's funny

Dominic
07-30-2004, 05:30 PM
I looked up the word "NUTS" and found my picture there.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif