PDA

View Full Version : PS $30 freezeout hand, AJ in SB vs. button raise

TDeeZY
07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
This hand got me MAD i mean ballistic.. lol.. here goes,
Its reached 200/400 blinds and I'm a short stack at the table with about 3500 in chips. Only other stack relevant is the button who has just gotten to the table but I have a good line on his play from prior experience (Tdomeski, I think he posts on here too). It's folded to the button (he has me covered by less than 1000) and he raises 4X to 1600. I put him on a steal with such a big raise and with AJo I come back over the top and raise all in. He calls quickly and shows A2o. (?!?!) Oh, well, good for me. Flop comes QK2. Not good. Turn and river bring no help and I bust to a 3-1 dog. Is there any other way I could have played this? I think the call for his whole stack with A2 was horrible but that's not the point - I was a 3-1 favorite anyway. My friend was telling me that if I was so sure of my read of him on a weaker hand, I could have flat called the raise and then beat him into the pot on the flop regardless of what came. I thought about that but if he's gonna call his stack off on A2 preflop then will he probably call his stack off on the flop with 3rd button? Any input is appreciated.. this hand is driving me nuts since I felt I played perfectly the rest of the tourny. Thanks!!

SmileyEH
07-29-2004, 10:25 PM
You played it fine....this is a bad beat.

-SmileyEH