PDA

View Full Version : Good Push with Flush?

BlackMamba
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Hello. I was playing in a NL Holdem tournament when this hand came up. The tournament just started and I have an average stack of chips at around $900. We started with $1000 in chips and the blinds started at $25/50. I expected the table to be either very tight or very loose but it was pretty much in between. Don't have any good reads on the players. Nobody has a real big stack but the big stack at the table has around $1500. The player I face has around $1200.

I'm dealt 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB. 2 people ahead of me limp in. I decide to call the extra $25 to see if the flop comes back good.

Pot size=$200
Flop comes: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. This flop is o.k. as it gives me a flush draw. I decide to semi-bluff at the pot and bet $50. I get 1 caller.

Pot size=$300
Turn comes: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I like this card as it gives me protection in case the flush doesn't show up. I lead out and bet $50 again.

Pot size= $400
Turn comes: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Yay /images/graemlins/grin.gif I hit my flush and am pretty confident about my hand. I hope that he calls with something like A,3 for the str8 or a pocket pair. I deicde to go all-in for $800. He calls. Was this a good time to push. Results to follow. All comments welcome.