PDA

View Full Version : Hand vs. Paul Wolfe 1/2 NLHE

bunky9590
07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure if this was played well or if I was a total moron. But I liked my line.

1/2 NLHE at Full Tilt.
Table is short stacked I buy in for 100 and cover the table.
Paul Wolfe ($105)is in the BB, Bunky ($120.00)is in MP and is dealt 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps (Really loose really bad) , folded to me I limp, CO limps, SB completes, Paul checks.

Flop ($10.00) comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to me, I bet 6.00, only Paul calls. (Just great)

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Boy I suckout good)
Paul checks, I bet 15, He thinks and calls. (I put him on a Jack or flush draw)

River 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Paul bets 30, I push. (should I be scared of Jacks full?) stakcs aren't deep so A push was in order. Would he really play a flush draw that way?

Richie Rich
07-29-2004, 09:17 PM
At the end I'm counting roughly 80 in the pot. Either a min-raise (yuck!) or a push is in order. If he had J-x (but not full house), do you really think that he would've just check-called on the flop and turn with the flush draw out there? I don't think so. In fact, a c/r would've been in order.

The fact that he check-called all the way to the river proves that: (a) he was either on a flush draw, or (b) had a monster hand before the river -- J7/J2/77 -- and was hoping that you were on a draw and would push his little bet at the end. Which of these two scenarios do you think is more likely? Again, I say push.

bunky9590
07-29-2004, 09:43 PM
I cant min raise there. I put him on a flush draw and set him in. anyway beings that its not drawing a lot of responses. He actually calls and I showed the boat and he mucked face down.

Told me later he indeed had a Jack

Richie Rich
07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Them NASCAR drivers ain't the most smart people in the world, now are they...

felson
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I thought it was an easy river push: if you're beat, you're beat. Nice hand.

ML4L
07-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey bunky,

You played it fine. I'd push on the river even if the stacks were a little deeper (but not too deep).

Mike

bunky9590
07-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks Mike. I had been buying a lot of pots on the flop (all small pots when nobody had a calling hand)

I think thats why he decided to slowplay me.

Why he called on the river with a lone Jack is beyond me.

Jx is no good to my river push 100% of the time.
Then again, he doesn't know that. But he does know now.

Once the 2 hit the turn I was praying for a heart to bust him. There was no way he could have thought that the 2 made me. It looked so innocent. He should have at least considered 77 though.

schwza
07-30-2004, 10:55 AM
if you don't push the river, you're making a bad mistake.

the turn is fine.

i would probably not have bet this flop. i'm a huge fan of stealing on paired boards, but a J is relatively likely as there a lot of limping hands that include a jack. a 7 is also very possible, and many players will call you with something like 87, especially if they also have the backdoor flush draw. and of course, any flush draw will probably call for the 3/5-pot bet. some bad players may even call a gutshot or overcards here. i'd say my choices on the flop would be 1) check 2) bet 12 or so 3) do what you did.

JrJordan
07-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Seems like an awful way to play a flush when you have position. Against a strong player, I would expect a raise on the flop because he wants to see a free river card. I think a better guess would be slowplayed trips like KJ. There's certainly the risk of a higher 77 set, but that chance is rare enough that I'd be willing to back my shallow stack with it.