PDA

View Full Version : POLL- Interesting Question

Rooster71
07-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Here is an interesting question for a poll.

GWB
07-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey, there's a limit to how low we should go in electioneering. I will defend John Kerry's right to be elected President despite what is in his FBI file. If the American people happen to choose him, then so be it. The vote must trump his FBI file if we are to be a true democracy.

W

Rooster71
07-29-2004, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, there's a limit to how low we should go in electioneering. I will defend John Kerry's right to be elected President despite what is in his FBI file. If the American people happen to choose him, then so be it. The vote must trump his FBI file if we are to be a true democracy.

W

[/ QUOTE ]
What is in Kerry's FBI file? Not much I would suspect.

But the question is referring to actually passing a background check. There is alot more to this than just looking at what is in someone's file. Questions are asked(and research is done) regarding previous arrests, past drug use, psychological profiles are developed, references are investigated, etc, etc.

M2d
07-29-2004, 07:47 PM
that is interesting. I voted no. I don't think, as a requirement of the job, that the president should have to pass an FBI background check. I'd probably be more convinced of this if I knew what a FBI background check entailed. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

for personal reasons, though, I'd prefer my presidents be able to pass, and would probably vote accordingly, all else being equal. I just don't want to thrust my personal opinions on the rest of the country.

Zeno
07-29-2004, 08:27 PM
The constitution of the United States lays out the requirments for the office of President. Being at least 35 years of age, a natural born citizen, and having spent at least 14 years in the States is about all the constitution requires (see Article II).

The poll is a moot point.

-Zeno

Rooster71
07-29-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The constitution of the United States lays out the requirments for the office of President. Being at least 35 years of age, a natural born citizen, and having spent at least 14 years in the States is about all the constitution requires (see Article II).

The poll is a moot point.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]
The poll is a moot point? Do you mean that Congress is not eagerly awaiting the results of my poll so they can pass sweeping legislation based upon its results? LOL

By the way, most posters on this board (who live in the US) went to high school and are aware of the requirements to be president. That was not the question. The question was about what you think, not what the requirements are to run.