PDA

View Full Version : "Don't let him have free blinds."

sammy_g
07-29-2004, 05:23 PM
I was playing a sit-n-go last night on Empire, and I was short stacked on the bubble. It was folded around to me four consecutive times when I was in the big blind. One of the players chats, "Don't let him have free blinds." No one responds.

Do you folks think this was ethical?

stupidsucker
07-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Ethical? sure

Hypocritcal? Indeed.

This guy was at as much fault as anyone. What makes him so special that he doesnt have to follow his own advice (Unless of course he was directly to your left and therefor UTG when you are the BB giving him some excuse I guess)

Big O
07-29-2004, 07:06 PM
I think its unethical. No one should be talking at the table about this kind of play. The player should have kept it to himself. This is almost as bad as aggreeing to check down to the river.

stupidsucker
07-29-2004, 09:38 PM
I think it might be rude, but the comment was made after the fact not during a play. I highly discourage it when people give any advice while a hand is in play.

Truefully I agree this is slightly unethical, but its not a rare occurance. Its not something I would complain about, nor will it change the outcome of any thing in reality.

sammy_g
07-29-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy was at as much fault as anyone. What makes him so special that he doesnt have to follow his own advice (Unless of course he was directly to your left and therefor UTG when you are the BB giving him some excuse I guess)

[/ QUOTE ]
He had the BUTTON when I was in the big blind /images/graemlins/smirk.gif The funny thing is next time I had the big blind it was folded to me again. I ended up taking 2nd.

sammy_g
07-29-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is almost as bad as aggreeing to check down to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I know Party has a rule against players agreeing to check it down when someone is all-in. It's fine to do it. You just can't type, "Let's check this down." This seemed similar.

nothumb
07-29-2004, 11:36 PM
I think it's unethical. I also think it's a sign that he fears you and is probably the next smallest stack. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd follow him around and steal his blinds.

NT