PDA

View Full Version : Posters who disgust you with their treatment of others at the table

Homer
07-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I'll start -- Magikist.

Homer
07-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Bump. Everyone should know this guy is scum.

Nottom
07-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary from him when I've played with him.

I've been known to get a bit out of line myself on occasion and try to avoid it, but I never get too nasty I don't think.

balkii
07-29-2004, 03:22 PM
feel free to berate me if you see me getting out of line, which i occasionally do.

Schneids
07-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Vagos, aka ChipNAChair1

Homer
07-29-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never noticed anything out of the ordinary from him when I've played with him.

I've been known to get a bit out of line myself on occasion and try to avoid it, but I never get too nasty I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he berated someone, calling him a lucky sh*it for no reason, then proceeded to call me a prick without any provocation from me.

sfer
07-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I think we've all done it, and need to be told to stop, at some point or another. Certainly I have.

cold_cash
07-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Prick.

Acesover8s
07-29-2004, 04:31 PM
I'll continue -- acesover8s

that fucker can tilt.

SomethingClever
07-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Does undetected sarcasm count?

I was observing two unskilled players chat at a .5/1 table, when one of them started talking about tournament play.

One of them wrote something like, "yeah, you have to play a lot tighter in tourneys. I was watching one yesterday and people were folding hands like K5."

I typed something like, "K5!!! Why would you ever fold that?"

She replied, "Well, what if someone has K6?"

I said, "I honestly never thought of that. Wow."

Ulysses
07-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Buckshot wins this one in a landslide.

astroglide
07-29-2004, 07:42 PM
at least buckshot's stuff is so vile it is amusing and can promote action. orangeheat will straight up make the 15/30 games worse via constant whining.

Daggs911
07-29-2004, 10:20 PM
I've seen Magikist say some pretty awful sh*t at the table.

I'm pretty sure he has a personality disorder of some type - sometimes he types 'meow' or 'hiss' when he wins or loses a pot; he thinks he is a cat. What a freakshow.

_M_

Magikist
07-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Poor Homer! Why don't you go cry to your mommy now?

Seriously, dude. If this is how you get your kicks, you need a life.

Kudos for entertainment value though!

Magikist
07-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Let's warp the truth a little more? While you're at it, why don't you just mention that I spit on public telephones, steal candy from little kids - oh, and don't forget - crap in my neighbor's front yard?

Classic!

Duke
07-30-2004, 05:07 AM
I thought you raped babies?

~D

Tyler Durden
07-30-2004, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

One of them wrote something like, "yeah, you have to play a lot tighter in tourneys. I was watching one yesterday and people were folding hands like K5."

I typed something like, "K5!!! Why would you ever fold that?"

She replied, "Well, what if someone has K6?"

I said, "I honestly never thought of that. Wow."

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have asked her how she knew what they were folding. Do you see why?

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Since Homer is one of the least mean-spririted people I've ever met, I tend to believe him and not you.

OrangeHeat
07-30-2004, 09:17 AM
Yes - You are totally correct. Serious issue and very unprofessional. My biggest leak - a very short temper and a stressful day job.

Generally if I have a bad day at work come home and start off the night with a beat - I whine like an idiot. It's also worse when I am trying to squirell up a good win to pay some bills/buy stuff for the new house.

I do it far less each month than the previous month. It is not constant anymore BTW. Last fall I used to do it every beat now it is down to a couple of nights a month (out of 14k hands this month). YES - I know it needs to be zero times a millenium.

I am making a concerted effort to fix this. One thing that is helping is the addition of Pokertracker this month - when I get frustrated I'll look up the players losses and remind myself of the long run. I also try and remember to turn off the chat box at the begginning of the night so the quick access isn't there. Seeing that AA still wins 75% of the time when a perfect perfect hits also helps.

It's funny I have an engineering degree and work with statistics (process control) all day, but I still needed Pokertracker to believe it.

You were right six months ago when you said not having pokertracker was crazy and I needed to control my emotions. If you look back over the last six months - there IS a big improvement (but yes not big enough).

I am trying - check back next month.

Orange

sfer
07-30-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, sir, may I have another?

Joe Tall
07-30-2004, 10:02 AM
I spit on public telephones, steal candy from little kids - oh, and don't forget - crap in my neighbor's front yard

Why am I not surprised.

Joe Tall
07-30-2004, 10:05 AM
It's more than clear he has a major lack in understanding poker. (as most do in this situation) Many have tried to help him, but it's to no avail.

Peace Homer,
Joe Tall

Homer
07-30-2004, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's warp the truth a little more? While you're at it, why don't you just mention that I spit on public telephones, steal candy from little kids - oh, and don't forget - crap in my neighbor's front yard?

Classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly did I warp the truth? To my recollection, someone sucked out on you, you said "haha, three-bet me with J5s", "lucky sh*it" and perhaps one or two other things. I responded to the effect of "way to drive him away from the table" (although that is not my primary problem with such treatment, I find it is the best way to get players to stop berating others), and you said "why don't you go chase him down, prick".

How far off am I?

-- Homer

B Dids
07-30-2004, 10:56 AM
As long as we're calling people out- everybody's favorite avatar is a massive twit at the table. "What are you doing at 2/4 NL, this is my truf, move back downa level".

Homer
07-30-2004, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Poor Homer! Why don't you go cry to your mommy now?

Seriously, dude. If this is how you get your kicks, you need a life.

Kudos for entertainment value though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for proving my point.

Homer
07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As long as we're calling people out- everybody's favorite avatar is a massive twit at the table. "What are you doing at 2/4 NL, this is my truf, move back downa level".

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's everybody's favorite avatar?

-- Homer

B Dids
07-30-2004, 11:03 AM
See here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=871500&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#871500)

OrangeHeat
07-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Better yet - what's a truf?

Orange

nicky g
07-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Do you mean El D or Bruiser? I would hae thought the latter but El D is definitely my favourite avatar.

B Dids
07-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Bruiser. Diablo just abuses other posters in IRC /images/graemlins/smile.gif

astroglide
07-30-2004, 12:53 PM
it's good that you're able to see it objectively, and i am rooting for you to kick the habit. what is your day job?

Spartacus
07-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Spartacus

OrangeHeat
07-30-2004, 01:16 PM
I am a process engineer with a company that does Multilayer RF assemblies. We supply to wireless companies like Nokia, Motorola and also to defense companies. Most of the wireless components go into the base of cell towers and the defense products are radar jammers, spy satelite components and other stuff they won't tell me about /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used to just be responsible for one department last year - but in the last year I have been given two more departments and am covering for two engineers outsourcing products to China (I am not thrilled about this one). Doing your job successfully has its' drawbacks....

Needless to say life has been hectic between work 60 hrs a week, 2 kids under 2, new house going up, and pokering 2-3 hrs a nite. If online stays around for 2-3 more yrs I will have to reconsider the job - but for now I need/like the stability.

Orange

BTW - Thanks PT is awesome.

astroglide
07-30-2004, 01:18 PM
i'm in the same boat with regard to stability, i would need a long term and certified legal solution to put all my eggs in this basket. i'm only 26 and unmarried, but i keep 3 jobs (main salary job, consulting business, and poker) just to cover my ass if one of them were to go away.

OrangeHeat
07-30-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would need a long term and certified legal solution to put all my eggs in this basket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is pretty much it. If online goes away all I have is the 15/30 at Turning Stone - I just can't see doing that game for a living.

Orange

Mike Gallo
07-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Sorry Stephen, however you do win this award.

deacsoft
07-31-2004, 12:11 PM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif WOW. OUCH!!!

jmark
07-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure if "she" is a poster, but ShipIt at the 0.50/1.00 on party is the worst I've ever seen. It's the combination of constantly calling people fish and claiming she clears like $2k/month at 0.5/1.00. It's actually impressive that "she" can multi-berate on 2 or 3 tables.

Luckily I've moved up since and I think she's still bottom feeding.

Turning Stone Pro
07-31-2004, 04:07 PM
with the recent decline in the no-limit at the Stone, the 30-60 has been going on the weekends.

come on in, play some B & M poker for a change of pace!

TSP

The Dude
08-01-2004, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you raped babies?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you asking a question or making a statement?

Lawrence Ng
08-01-2004, 07:16 AM
I tend to be a real ass sometimes..well..all the time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

warlockjd
08-01-2004, 12:21 PM
'Mult-berate' LOL!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John Cole
08-01-2004, 12:45 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tempus loquendi; tempus tacendi.

Robk
08-01-2004, 02:45 PM
CNAC loses to A6 with 33 when the board comes (7 5 3) 8 9.

ChipNAChair1: wow
ChipNAChair1: that was the only card in the deck that could save you
ChipNAChair1: and you called
ChipNAChair1: LOL
ChipNAChair1: amazing how stupid some people can be
ChipNAChair1: a chimp would have raised there i think
ChipNAChair1: actually a chimp wouldnt have been in the hand

Not 20 minutes later he raises two off the button with A2. The button makes it 3 with AA. The flop comes Q45 giving Chip a flush draw. The turn is a 3, and the river is a 2 and they chop the pot.

ChipNAChair1: boy had you in bad shape
ChipNAChair1: idiot

Rooster71
08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if "she" is a poster, but ShipIt at the 0.50/1.00 on party is the worst I've ever seen. It's the combination of constantly calling people fish and claiming she clears like $2k/month at 0.5/1.00. It's actually impressive that "she" can multi-berate on 2 or 3 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
$2K/mo. at $0.5/1.00 is possible, if you play almost ALL day EVERY day, multi-table and win about 1+ BB/hr.

I have noticed that players who are not that good, but think they are, LOVE to call other players "fish".

sfer
08-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Wow, I used to play Shipit when I started out at 0.5/1 late last year. Who says micro-limits aren't beatable because of the rake. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

moondogg
08-02-2004, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she (not sure it's a she, but whatever) is a pain in the ass, but not that bad in my experience. From what I've seen, she's more of the "table expert", loves to chitchat with some other regulars. Haven't seen her really tear into someone, just critize them in front of their face, talking in semi-code ("pro" speak) to others at the table.

Definitely annoying, but I wouldn't say disgusting. There's much worse out there.

(FWIW, this isn't an attempt at a defense, all things being equal I'd still rather she fall off the face of the earth).

Fitz
08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't usually get involved in these kind of pissing matches, but I have to go with the Klingon here. Homer has demonstrated his civil demeanor and willingness to be helpful to others on these boards enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt as well.

Good luck all,

Fitz

jmark
08-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah I have her down as something like -3BB/100 over a few hundred hands, but I assumed she was just unlucky since she's the best player ever (according to her).

jmark
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$2K/mo. at $0.5/1.00 is possible, if you play almost ALL day EVERY day, multi-table and win about 1+ BB/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a crappy way to make not very much money.

Pokergod
08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll be coming home (Near Watertown) at the end of this month. I plan on stopping by Turning Stone. Hopefully the 30-60 will be rolling on Saturday night. Maybe I'll run into you.

-PG

sfer
08-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, I've just seen it for my own eyes so I have to agree with Homer. Magikist, or at least someone who uses that login on Absolute, seems to enjoy berating bad players.

jagoff
08-04-2004, 05:08 PM
I just can't find it in my heart to berate someone for sucking out on me! However, people love to do it to me when I suck out?? What up with that?

Roy Hobbs
08-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Is Magikist the old URMeowed?

theBruiser500
08-05-2004, 01:57 AM
I do trashtalk, but it's important to note HOW I do it. First of all, I never do it after winning a hand. Secondly, I don't do it after someone makes a bad play. Mainly, I do it after I outdraw or make a bad play, or before anything has happened. It's all just goofy stuff, for fun, and if anything it helps the game doesn't hurt it.