PDA

View Full Version : How would you have played it 5

hummusx
07-29-2004, 02:47 PM
This is another one of those where my plan of action sort of falls apart post-flop. I have good cards, raise pre-flop, completely miss the flop but bet it anyway and get called. When the turn misses, I'm a little lost.

Seat 1 is the button

Total number of players : 8
Seat 4: gettinmine69 ( $800 )
Seat 5: Travo165 ( $665 )
Seat 8: Pianotuna ( $935 )
Seat 10: ChiefCujo ( $1185 )
Seat 6: hummusx ( $775 )
Seat 2: charlieallne ( $760 )
Seat 1: shoey175 ( $2390 )
Seat 3: IvIoI2oN ( $490 )

Blinds(10/15)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hummusx [ Ad Kh ]
gettinmine69 folds.
Travo165 raises [30].
hummusx raises [95].
Pianotuna folds.
ChiefCujo folds.
shoey175 folds.
charlieallne folds.
IvIoI2oN folds.
Travo165 calls [65].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 6d, 3c ]
Travo165 bets [15].
hummusx raises [125].
Travo165 calls [110].

** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
Travo165 checks.
hummusx checks.

** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
Travo165 bets [80].
hummusx calls [80].

Am I posting too many of these? I tried to copy all of the hands where I really felt like I was shooting in the dark in terms of knowing what the 'correct' play was.

Cleveland Guy
07-29-2004, 03:52 PM
are you playing all these in the same SnG? IF so - your gonna get called all the time cause your rep is that you loosely play big cards. The guy hit his river flush, his river straight, thinks his AJ he made on the turn is good, knows his pocket pairs held up.

Unless you have some read that he played AQo or A10o what could you have that beat him?

You seem to think people are bluffing a lot - and are probably getting a lot of action on marginal hands against you because of it.

naphand
07-29-2004, 04:09 PM
It's early in the tournament, and your stack is still in good shape. Why do you feel the need to push overcards like this? You have plenty of time.

PF raise against an EP raisor to get HU with what? He raised in EP so he likely has a big A, PP, or maybe KQs. Do you have another read?

You miss the flop, and raise your overcards in the face of a mini-bet. Did you expect him to fold? You need him to fold to this for this play to work here, in limit it may be different but you are not putting your stack on the line in limit. You have odds to peel off another card, and see the Turn. Perhaps a call here is better, you are drawing. Of course you may have the best hand, but it is incredibly vulnerable and not one you should be splashing chips about with at this stage.

If you put him on a flush draw, you have to punish him on the Turn. But you did not really have any idea of what he had, did you?

Next time, call the flop, fold the Turn unimproved against a player who won't fold a PP.

hummusx
07-30-2004, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Next time, call the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because it's early in the tournament? I guess I thought this was a definite re-raise.