PDA

View Full Version : Into the mind of a fish

Muisyle
07-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm sure you've all wondered just what the hell a fish was thinking when he called you down with middle pair or worse, but check this out.

.05/.10 NL at Full Tilt (yes I realize, .05/.10 is :/)

There is a preflop raise of about .50

3 or 4 callers.

Flop comes 2 8 T rainbow.

Raiser bets $1, two people get out of the way, third calls.

turn is a 4 to complete the rainbow.

Raiser bets $7 putting the opponent all in.

Opponent CALLS, with A7o
Raiser turns over KK

river is blank.

Why would you call for all your chips with nothing but ace high and a 7 kicker you ask? Well so did I.

Zarniwoop: Me
Rocco: Hand Winner
Poker Skirt: Idiot fish hand loser
Tangelo: Fellow idiot fish

Zarniwoop: jesus what the hell is wrong with you people
rocco20v: surprised you called
Zarniwoop: call all in with A7 and nothing
Poker Skirt: shhhhhhh
rocco20v: hey, Im not complaining
Poker Skirt: relax zarni, i had outs...
Tangelo24: Zar.. I don't know what you're talking about.. he had an Ace.. the other guy had a king.. both acceptable plays
Poker Skirt: yes it was a loose call, but it's fine.
Zarniwoop: lol
rocco20v:
rocco20v: I'll take those odds any day

Why would you call an all in with A7o and no pair, no straight draw, and no flush draw?

BECAUSE YOU HAD OUTS!

STRAIGHT FROM THE FISHES MOUTH!

JrJordan
07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Don't tap the aquarium...

Muisyle
07-29-2004, 02:36 PM
I was just pissed off because a guy went all in with K3o against my aces and spiked trips...

schwza
07-29-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't tap the aquarium...

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

aces_full
07-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Fish are funny as hell. I try to hold back my laughter. Another classic fishy line is "I had a feeling." I got beat with pocket aces one time by a fish who called my preflop raise with 24-don't remember if it was soooted or not. He flops a pair of twos on a ragged board. I bet he calls, the turn is a 4. I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps. I check call the turn and river. He shows two pair. I say "wow" to which he replies "Sometimes you just gotta push the [censored] cards!!" Now THAT'S a classic.

Another favorite of mine is when a suckout artist takes your stack and makes some lame ass comment like. "I wasn't the idiot that went all in, you were."

Sometimes the fishy comments come from elsewhere in the aquarium. I have KK and it's raised in front of me. I re-raise and my opponent re-raises. I got him covered, and at these micro NL games I'm not laying down kings in a million years since there's a whole range of crap peolpe will go all in with I push.He takes almost all of his time to think and finally calls. He's got JJ and he spikes a set and doubles up. The aquarium erupts with "nh" and one even said "good call". What a laugh.

Last week I have KK again, I raise and get a few callers. I flop top set on a two-tone board. My opponent leads at the flop, and I just go all in. He calls and of course he was on the flush draw and hits it on the turn. He takes my whole stack. I simply said "nice catch" I think he knew I was being sarcastic and he replied. "I had to do it, I had a 50/50 shot. Maybe you won't bet like such a fool next time." Classics from the aquarium.

SpiderMnkE
07-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I like the fish and find what they say amusing. It is as if they are given cards to give me money... and chat windows to make me laugh while giving me money.

What I don't enjoy are "good" players telling the fish they are fish. That is annoying. The better plan is to defend the fish against all attacks.. while making yourself look as fishy as possible int he process. It is much more fun.

If you have been playing poker for more than 1 day the suckouts and dumb calls will not be irritating... you've seen it all 100 times before. Don't educate the fish... and don't piss them off. WTF is wrong with you people berating the fish.

Instead of telling them they suck... tell them that you busted some dudes AA with Q3 clubs because it's SpiderMnkE's favorite hand and you just couldn't fold it.

tubbyspencer
07-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I agree with SpiderMnkE. You gotta defend those fish, and act like one yourself.

It can be a lot of fun really. If I suck out on someone myself, like when my AQ beats his AK, I like to say, "That's fair. We were 50/50 because we both had an ace." Or whatever the rare situation is that you suck out on someone, let them know you were really a favorite, "because I had suited connectors", or whatever. You should read some of the angry comments those lines will provoke.

Wayfare
07-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Why get mad at a fish? He will just swim away with your money!

Keep him there and become his friend. I even have some guy on PP who I have notes on that says "Total Fish" greeting me whenever I sit down. He doesn't mind losing money each time partly b/c I am nice.