PDA

View Full Version : B&M 4-8 is the new PP 2-4....

IndieMatty
07-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Played in the local club,table is loose...not too bluffy. Some unraised AAs AQs AKs from a lot of participants as well.

Matty is the BB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG1 folds, UTG 2 Calls, MP1 calls, MP2 Calls, Button Calls, SB Calls. I???

I raised...knowing from the last 6 hours that getting any of these guys to drop a hand would be quite a project.

Flop: (12 bb) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif(6 players)
SB1 Checks, Matty bets, UTG 2 Calls, MP1 folds, MP2 Calls, Button Calls, SB folds. (14bb)

Turn A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Sweet Jesus I think) I just raised with an ace, after a pre-flop raise, and had 4 callers...I

CHECKED

Am I wimp? My rationale is the risk of my bet getting capped
Also NO ONE is dropping an ACE or any pair here.
The button bet, I called (considered a check raise, but the button, I had no read on). Everyone else mucked. Heads up.

River A /images/graemlins/club.gif What do I do here? (semi results in white)

<font color="white"> I moved my hand apparently, before I could fire off some chips, I was fairly certain he didn't have an ace, he complained that I checked, so it went to psuedo showdown and he didnt even show...I actually forgot to enforce that, as I was a little turned off by the petty hand stuff and also just happy to win with all of that on there. I think I played this horrendously weak tight, but is that appropriate under these table conditions? Is this just non-eventful? </font>

TheHip41
07-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I bet this turn. That extra Ace on the board means your hand is a little safer. If someone raises, after you raised pre flop, and bet into two aces, at a loose table, most of the time they will have an ace. If I saw a person bluff raise like this before, i would just call down. But you gotta think, those aces are just as scary to everyone else out there if they don't have them.

Derek