PDA

View Full Version : Routine for a 2+2 player? (low on content, somewhat entertaining)

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 11:57 AM
I had this merry little adventure last night.

I was wondering if a lot of 2+2'ers see this due to their style of play. I used to keep player chat off most of the time, but I've been leaving it on more and more and I've noticed a lot of snide comments since I've been trying to bring my game around the 2+2 way.

By the way, I know I kept baiting her, which is something I *very rarely* do. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

*Question* Is this a bad check here? What can I say? I wanted her to catch up or make a move. I got greedy.

Turn: (2.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.16 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Js Kc (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero shows As Ad (full house, aces full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.16 BB. </font>

Villian: moron

Hero: /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hero: nh

Villian: Ive been watching you hun, you'll go thru most of those chips within a couple of hours

Hero: well, at least, thanks to you, i have a few more to work with.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Villian: wanna race to 1000???

Villian: ready set go

*Villian balance $1000, didn't bet (folded)*

Hero: oh, i thought you meant *win* 1000.

Villian: cmon, put in 500 more, idiot

Hero: why are you so angry, hun? youre the one that raised into the second nuts. learn to play better, youll be less grouchy.

Villian: well, ive got to go now, my 30/60 seat is ready

Hero: g/l there, i put "easily rattled" under your player notes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sthief09
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
you would've made more if you bet the flop. checking the flop headsup after raising preflop is the most obvious thing you can do to indicate a big hand.

don't talk [censored] in the chat box

lil'
07-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Always amazing when A-A wins a hand.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
There *is* a serious question there. Have you noticed more abuse as you've become more aggressive?

For example, the other day I sat down into JJ in the BB. CO raised, I re-raised and ended up losing to AQ when an ace hit the river.

Next hand I got KK in the SB and capped PF. I ended up losing to KQ who got there on the river.

A voice from the far end of the table who hadn't been involved in either hand chimed in:

"that's what you get for raising every time"

etc etc.

Does anybody else notice this frequently? Do you leave your chat off?

btw, sthief, like I said before, I *very rarely* say word one on chat.

WiredPear
07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
I think the flop bet depends on your read of her. Will she call 2nd pair with an A on the board? If so, then it's worth betting.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I regret to say that I didn't have much of a read on her. She was relatively new to the table.

sthief09
07-29-2004, 12:11 PM
I had a guy on Absolute Poker yesterday announce to the table he was going to 3-bet every time I raised preflop, and he did it.

when I sit at a table for an extended period of time, I start to get check-raised and 3-bet a lot.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Does it ever affect your play?

sthief09
07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
it makes the swings bigger. as far as my play, I like it. I'm an action junky and I like when I get played back at. most of the time I have a big hand or a big draw.

the only way to counter good, solid, aggressive play is by playing well yourself. and your opponents aren't capable of playing well. so they're countering your aggressiveness by being stupidly aggressive. you'll make a lot of money that wya, but the swings will be huge.

arkady
07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
lol, making friends in my homestead already! good work!

sthief09
07-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Absolute sucks. I can't wait to cash out.

arkady
07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
yeah go back to party, its so much better there.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:25 PM
I'll admit that it gets to me sometimes, the being played back at due to what the table perceives as excessive aggressiveness on my part.

For example, this one sticks in my mind from last night:

Hero has AK in MP &amp; raises. Couple players call. Flop is A-8-10r. UTG bets, I raise, two people call. Turn is an 8. UTG bets, my finger is poised to hit the raise button. I hesitate and against my better judgement hit the call button. Other player folds. River blank. UTG turns over K8os. He then made some comment that went in one ear and out the other.

Bleh, oh well, I guess it's something I'm just going to have to get used to.

sthief09
07-29-2004, 12:27 PM
he was drawing to 2 outs. you made Sklansky bucks!

cardcounter0
07-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Every one limp in to see the flop.
Check flop around, last person to act bet, every one call.
Check the turn until player with best hand bets, call if you have a draw else fold.
Check or bet the river, person with the absolute nuts may sometimes raise.

Every one limp in to see the flop ....
(repeat until broke)

So your raising preflop, raising period (except the river), check raising, etc. really upsets the fish rhythm of the game.
Obviously playing in the above manner allows one to see the most flops, and play the most hands, while losing the least amount of chips, which is the fish goal of the game.

That player told you as much. Your aggressive style was going to make you lose all your chips quicker.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Dude, you wouldn't believe some of the hand this guy turned over. We're talking 92 os from UTG through a PF cap type-stuff.

Unbelievably, he was up about 60 BB when I called it a night. That was the only hand he got me.

He's definite A+ buddy-list material.

MoreWineII
07-29-2004, 12:35 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif