PDA

View Full Version : What is the most efficient but safest way to unlock Empire bonus?

Meatmaw
07-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

Since I have a limited bankroll, I was wondering what the best way to unlock the Empire bonus is. I've been trying to find the fastest and least risky approach, which seems to be playing 4 6-handed tables of 1/2. It seems .5/1 will not qualify as a hand often enough for it to be slower, and 1/2 reaches the $5 minimum most of the time. It can get a little hectic trying to watch and play 4 tables with ave 4-5 people, but that seems worth the turn around time. Thoughts? Playing higher limits isn't really an option b/c of my limited bankroll, it seems.

djcolts
07-29-2004, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Since I have a limited bankroll, I was wondering what the best way to unlock the Empire bonus is. I've been trying to find the fastest and least risky approach, which seems to be playing 4 6-handed tables of 1/2. It seems .5/1 will not qualify as a hand often enough for it to be slower, and 1/2 reaches the $5 minimum most of the time. It can get a little hectic trying to watch and play 4 tables with ave 4-5 people, but that seems worth the turn around time. Thoughts? Playing higher limits isn't really an option b/c of my limited bankroll, it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to BW (http://www.bonuswhores.com/partypoker.html), the 1/2 shorthand is the most effecient way to do it on the lower limits. If you are comfortable playing shorthand. But, the .5/1 is really not that bad in terms of clearing the bonus.

bugstud
07-29-2004, 12:47 PM
4 tabling the nl25 tables also is good, but the amount of hands is much, much slower. LL stud/8 works too.

L0QTiS
07-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Provided you're reasonably selective and understand the game, Omaha h/l a good option and is what I play to to tackle most bonuses.

Almost all hands are raked at the .5/1 level at a full table so quite often I can clear 75-110 raked hands/hr playing two tables.

LoyalFrush
07-30-2004, 12:19 AM
I agree with LoQtis. Play the full 0.5/1 Omaha H/L tables to clear the bonus fast with low risk. I generally play 3 tables at a time and get about 150 raked hands/hour. Besides, Omaha H/L is a much better game than hold'em /images/graemlins/grin.gif