PDA

View Full Version : Live Multi-tabling at the Moose Lodge (longish trip report)

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Tourney #2 -- After being card dead in tourney #1, a 60-player deal fror $25+5, the dead cards continue and a SnG $50 side game. I win one pot (first hand) then nothing for over an hour. With 5 of 10 players remaining, I get K9o and limp in. I have about 4K chips and the average stack is 40K (starting with 20K). A new tourney is just starting up and I'd rather get into that one. Flop comes KJ3, with two clubs. I go all in (announcing my intent to get into another tourney) and get three callers. The turn is a club and is checked through. I buy into Tourney #3, which is just starting. The river is a fourth club and I have no clubs. Oddly, nobody else does either
and MHIG.

Tourneys #2 & 3 I'm now in two tourneys on adjacent tables. Being away from the table means they fold my hand. This happens pretty often from their perspective, but since I generally have looked at my cards and deemed them unplayable, I really don't mind and they don't mind because they think they have an advantage, which they certainly do. Hey, Kasparov plays 40 games at once (although the analogy breaks down very quickly when respective skill levels are brought into the equation), why can't I play two?

Table #3, hand two I'm dealth KJs under the gun and raise 2K. EP & MP call. Flop is J84r. I bet 2K and am called by one player. Turn is a blank and I bet 2K, call. River is a K. I bet 3K and am called by AJ, so MHIG. Meanwhile, in Tourney #2, I'm dealt 66 in EP and limp in. MP raises 1K and two call, so I call. Flop is 6 and who cares what else, I've just hit top two pair with my KJs at #3, with nobody else showing much strength. I lead out for 2K and get called by two. Turn is another blank, and since I'm paying more attention at Tourney #3, I don't see the three spades. I call "all-in" from eight feet away and get one caller. The river brings yet another spade, but for the second time I dodge four suited cards and MHIG. At Tourney #3, I continue to hit hand after hand and am getting called every time by someone. I'm chip leader and five of eight are left in #3, with four of ten left in #2. Now it gets harder and harder to play two tables (no dealers, so I sometimes have to deal both tables at once). I'm dealt AJs at #3, go back to #2 to shuffle, come back to #3 to raise and find my hand has been mucked (and was the eventual winner on a board of JKJxx).

A half-hour later, this is getting WAY crazy. I'm still chip leader at #3, but a short stack at #2. Fortunately for me, the other short stack at #2 busts out, and I happily accepts the third place prize plus $10 to go away ($110 on my $50 buy-in). Long story short, I end up chopping #3 with a 2:1 chip lead when the lodge closes down at 2:00. All in all, a evening, $130 invested, $330 taken home. Current Moose Lodge ROI: 84% over 45 tourneys.