PDA

View Full Version : back to back blind play

jt1
07-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I just had a situation at PP 3/6 blinds play

A couple orbits earlier, It's folded to me in SB and I raise with 37o. GEt RR and I fold (probably not smart)

Very soon afterwards, I'm HU again with same BB. I have A8o. I raise. he calls. The flop is muck all clubs. I bet. he raises. I call down? (no club hit after flop but i still would have called)

Zele
07-29-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's folded to me in SB and I raise with 37o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do that anymore. I'm inclined to believe you posted this as a joke.

As for the other hand, it depends highly on your opponent, but calling down every time can be very costly.

jt1
07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm experimenting with blind steals and if it's HU by the time it gets to SB - I go with anything. So far it's been profitable.

lil'
07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm experimenting with blind steals and if it's HU by the time it gets to SB - I go with anything.
Can't you find a better hand to experiment with than 3-7o? You've only got 1/3 of a bet in there. Let it go... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lil'
07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Oh, as for the play of the hand, I call the re-raise getting 5:1. You can beat even the mighty A-K if you flop a pair and he doesn't.

On hand two, I see no point in going on. 1/3 of the time another club will fall, and couple that with that fact that you have no pair, and I feel like folding.

Nottom
07-29-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm experimenting with blind steals and if it's HU by the time it gets to SB - I go with anything. So far it's been profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This works much better with a different blind structue and at a full table. Unless the BB is super weak, I don't see how this can possibly be successful in a 3/6 SH game.