PDA

View Full Version : AJs in the CO Foxwoods 1/2

rt1
07-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Foxwoods 1/2NL

Im dealt AJs in the CO with 3 limpers ahead of me. I limp in and the button limps as well. The blinds check.

The flop comes Rainbow A K x. It chks to me and I pot it. Button calls and MP calls. I do not respect either play as theyve been playing awful hands all night.

Turn brings a T. MP chks to me and I believe my AJ is still the best hand. I pot it again. Both call.

River is a second T and its checked to me. I check it and expect to split it with another player (a weak ace) and just figure it will be chk'd around. The button thinks for a minute... and then moves all in (pot size bet). The guy in MP instantly calls (button has his covered). Now here I know for a fact the guy in MP is playing a weak ace, so I know if I call I'm going to split with him. I cant figure out what the button has so I fold.

Whats your play here? Results in white below

<font color="white">Button had 33 and I don't know what the [censored] he was doing.
MP had a weak ace as I expected and took down the whole pot

I really think my check on the river was WAY too weak, and I probably should have potted it again forcing the button to fold and just splitting the pot with MP.
</font>

Thanks,
Ryan

SpiderMnkE
07-29-2004, 09:21 AM
I like the fold... these guys are craaaaazeh

schwza
07-29-2004, 09:30 AM
i like the way you played it. calling a pot-sized bet on the river hoping to chop is bad times.

nicky g
07-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Button was bluffing? Unless you have a strong read on both these guys you have to fold. Good players will occasionally fold a winner.