PDA

View Full Version : flushable cat litter is the nuts

jdl22
07-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Thought I would give us some respite from the political mumbo jumbo to discuss cat litter. I recently purchased Arm and Hammer flushable cat litter and it is great. No more scooping the clumps of litter combined with feces and urine into a plastic bag and carrying it out to the trash. Since we have his box in the bathroom anyway it's just scoop, flush and you're done. I would assume that other brands of flushable litter are the same but I'm not sure. The odor control is great as well. That's one key difference between name brand litter and cheapo litter. Actually I don't think you can get brand X flushable litter.

Sadly this stuff probably isn't what you want to use to clean up an oil spill in the garage because it's more expensive and probably doesn't work as well as the clay litter that comes in monstrous Costco sized bags. So I guess it's like like having K6 on a K66 flop - you have the nuts but you don't have the hand that somebody who can't see your hand thinks is the nuts.

smudgex68
07-29-2004, 05:04 AM
Flushing this stuff down the toilet sounds great in principle - but don't go complaining the next time you can't find your cat.

TimM
07-29-2004, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess it's like like having K6 on a K66 flop - you have the nuts but you don't have the hand that somebody who can't see your hand thinks is the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

K6 on a K66 flop is not the nuts. Can you see why? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nothumb
07-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, try AQ on an AAQ flop.

Good idea about the litter though - I hate changing that [censored].

NT

Ray Zee
07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
you can train your cat to go right in the toilet. then all you have to do is flush.
i will look into the stuff to see if it is okay for septic systems.

astroglide
07-29-2004, 11:58 AM
i almost bought a condo from a guy and asked him to explain evidence of water in the basement. it was because the guy in the lower half of it was using "flushable" wipes instead of toilet paper. i'm wary of most "flushable" things.

adios
07-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Man you need to get a cat door and make your kitty do their thing outside. No cat litter necessary then. I realize in an apartment that is probably not practical.

jdl22
07-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Good point. How about K6 on a KK6 flop. The litter got me too excited to think clearly.