PDA

View Full Version : Let the Mob Run the USA

GWB
07-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Democrat’s Biggest Money Man Has Mob Connections (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Politics/Vote2004/convention_stephen_bing_040728-1.html)

His personal connection to the Kerry/Edwards ticket:

[b]After a recent private lunch with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Edwards, Bing also declined to answer questions...

andyfox
07-29-2004, 01:15 AM
According to Denton & Morris's "The Money and the Power," they already run the USA.

Our national elections are a disgrace. What they have to do with democracy eludes me.

What do you intend to do to fix this mess?

ThaSaltCracka
07-29-2004, 01:57 AM
what is this like suppose to be "6 degrees of John Kerry"?

Zeno
07-29-2004, 02:26 AM
Once again:

Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey-cage. - H. L. Mencken

I'll add my own comment:

Anyone that votes when sober should be shot and then hung as a bad example.

[G. Washington use to dispense liquor on election day to help solicit votes]

I was going to watch the DNC - I vomited the first minute of viewing and gave up. So, instead; I watched baseball, listened to music, and read a few magazine articles. I already know which Ganster I'm voting for anyway - so why torture myself? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Our national elections are a disgrace. What they have to do with democracy eludes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have already stated as much many times over - usually in a somewhat more colorful manner I admit - but nonetheless, stated clearly and forcefully.

-Zeno: A Republican and Proud of it.

Four more years. Four more years. Four more years.

jokerswild
07-29-2004, 02:42 AM
We already let the coke smuggling Iran-Contra boys run it for 7 of the last 15 years.

Do a google search under George Bush and cocaine. Amazing how many hits return classmates talking about drug dealing George.

Rooster71
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Democrat’s Biggest Money Man Has Mob Connections (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Politics/Vote2004/convention_stephen_bing_040728-1.html)

His personal connection to the Kerry/Edwards ticket:

[b]After a recent private lunch with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Edwards, Bing also declined to answer questions...

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, this info is gossipy at best. A filmmaker contributes to the Democratic Party. The filmmaker has a friend with mob ties. The article also states that the filmaker and the mob figure are "business partners", but doesn't elaborate on this. That is where the story begins to fall apart.

Even if it were proven that Democrats received money directly from the mob (this won't happen), I don't see it as being any worse that Bush's history of funding from corporate criminals.

Maybe the mob guy should study Georgie's methods of covering up arrests. It has worked well for him.

cardcounter0
07-29-2004, 07:24 PM
or at least study Bush's money laundering techniques.
How much Bush family's Saudi money has been run thru BCCI?
BCCI - google it along with Bush if you want to see true criminal enterprise in action.

Cyrus
07-30-2004, 03:04 AM
Are you seriously claiming that a mainstream political party in the United States would knowingly accept Mob money? The Democrats would not do it, the Republicans would not do it. Because, if nothing else, it would be an unnecesary risk entailing the potential of political suicide. A bad gamble.

On a related note, I suspect you were not even born when the rest of us were learning to spell Bebe Rebozo.

Best keep mum about mob ties, Dub. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jokerswild
07-30-2004, 04:14 AM
You are quite right. Papa Bush had a friend in the speed boat business. The ciggerette boat company that Papa bought the boats from was owned by Meyer Lansky's son in law.

It's obvious that whoever it is at 2+2 that impersonates Bush isn't up on their mob history. That rules out all but about two individuals.