PDA

View Full Version : Hu situation, I lost...do you make this play/read?

filsho
07-28-2004, 11:56 PM
After a long battle from short stack when down to 3 players, I finally get to HU vs. the guy who had been chip leader all along. This was only 2 hands after the 3rd place guy went out. There had been a lot of blind stealing & all-ins, basically aggressive play. I knew the other guy dealing had me covered pretty well in chips and he is a solid player (we're about equal talent-wise when heads up). He's dealer, acts by rising to 2xBB. I look down at KJo. With how aggressive play had been and how much blinds had been battled for, I assumed he was on a steal. I pushed all-in. He hesitated, then called to turn over A7s. He beat me when all the cards were out. I was happy to have 2nd place, but am not sure about my move here. With how important blind-stealing is at this level, I thought he was playing for them on maybe Qx, something like that. I guess I wasn't really dominated, but he did have the better hand I I didn't outdraw him. After counting me down, he had about 1.5x my stack. Thoughts?

*Quick edit...forgot..our blinds had frozen at 50/100, our stacks were 24k and 17k

edge
07-29-2004, 01:41 AM
I probably call here, since the blinds are still playable.