PDA

View Full Version : A-Jo - BB woes... (simple hand)

07-28-2004, 11:53 PM
I can't hit a pair today, so its been quite the grind. Although this is quite a simple hand, I just want to double check and make sure I'm not regressing.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

P.S. - Is there any secrets I'm missing in flopping a pair?

Trix
07-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I would have check-folded the turn.

Shawsy
07-29-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - Is there any secrets I'm missing in flopping a pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the secret, but I'm not telling! /images/graemlins/wink.gif lol!

If you don't check/fold the turn, then you might try bluff-betting the river. You have nothing (well not exactly since A high might actually be good here depending on button's limping standards), but button has shown no aggression. You raised preflop and kept control of the hand, and met no aggression.
I think you are an underdog if called, so this is not a value bet, but I have seen river folds for one bet with action like this in many hands. You can't bluff often at 2/4 but this is one occasion where it has worked for me (sometimes!).

07-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Trix, why do you check/fold the turn? Because you put at least one of the two players on a king? What if BB folded on the flop and button called. Still check/folding?
I just see so many player's at 2/4 party calling 1 flop bet with nothing, that I would think I'd be giving up a lot by giving up so early.

Trix
07-29-2004, 01:23 AM
Itīs player dependantzscq(sp?) ofcourse, but normally one of the two has something when they call a K73r flop against a preflop raiser and I dont like my chances of bluffing two loose players.

brian0729
07-29-2004, 01:24 AM
What kind of player is the button?

Trix
07-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Btw. I sometimes check a good hand here too, with intention of check-raising.

07-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Brian, button is pretty loose/passive. VPIP = 30, doesn't raise a whole lot.

brian0729
07-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Then I think I like a turn check fold as well, it doesnt look like more bets are going to make him go away.

Semi bluff less with these types of opponents.