PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar in the NFL?

Simon Diamond
07-28-2004, 11:09 PM
I read that Brock Lesnar has signed for the Minnesota Vikings, does anybody think he will make it in the NFL?

For anybody who is thinking, who the f*ck is Brock Lesnar? - he quit WWE wrestling earlier this year in an attempt to try his hand at pro football.

Simon

elwoodblues
07-29-2004, 12:03 AM
I highly doubt that he'll make the team. He'll be lucky to make the practice squad.

bugstud
07-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Remember the guy he lost to in college, Stephen Neal, is an OL backup and future starter for the Pats. I'll assume he's on the PS this year while they find him a position, then plays some next year.

WC64
07-29-2004, 01:58 PM
It depends on how fast he can pick up the game. I thought I heard that when he started working out he didnt even know the proper way to be in a 3 point stance.

The guy is massive though and would be hard to block if he figures everything out.

M2d
07-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I heard an interview he gave on the Tony Bruno show. he said he ran a 4.65 40. pretty impressive for a guy his size.
How old is he?

WEASEL45
07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
like 27

M2d
07-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I wonder how much the WWE has taken out of his body. He obviously has a disadvantage regarding experience, but his body hasn't been beaten up for the past ten years by the rigors of college and pro football. I don't think this is inconsequential, given the beating that these guys take. However, I don't think most NFLers have been pile-driven or body slammed much, either.

very interesting case here. I'm not pulling for or against him, but am pretty interested to see how he does.

Simon Diamond
07-29-2004, 04:33 PM
I don't think the WWE has taken that much out of Brock, there aren't many guys in the organisation that were big enough to put the hurt on him. One thing I read he couldn't handle was the constant travelling around North America with the WWE circus, I just hope he doesn't underestimate the work involved in pro football.

Simon

cardcounter0
07-29-2004, 04:44 PM
How is he going to pass the steroid testing?

Ulysses
07-29-2004, 04:45 PM
ESPN did a feature on him recently: ESPN Lesnar story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855)

They also had a short article on his signing.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-29-2004, 04:57 PM
He probably talked to Roddy Piper and came to realize that he had a better chance of coming out of the NFL with his health and sanity.

WC64
07-29-2004, 05:01 PM
He said he has been asked that question many times and has had to take many tests to prove he was not using steroids but we will see I guess lol

jwvdcw
07-29-2004, 05:02 PM
I think he'll surprise some people. 280 lb guys who can run 4.6 40s don't just grow on trees. He was also a very successful amatuer wrestler, which means he has a good base and sense of balance(very important if you're on the o-line or d-line). I could see him making it as a DE.

cardcounter0
07-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Seems he has had a very anti-steriod stance since Day 1.
He was tested for his NCAA college wrestling without a problem.

Looks like his biggest hurdle is going to be to get the conservative play it safe NFL to take a chance on him.

M2d
07-29-2004, 05:16 PM
fifteen-twenty years ago when I was growing up (has it been that long?) he'd have been THE premier project on multiple teams' lists with his size and speed. They would have made him a big O-lineman or a monster D-lineman. Now, he's an average to undersized D-lineman with nice speed. damn kids nowadays and their damn nutrition and conditioning. I'd kick their @$$ myself if it didn't hurt so much to get out of this rocking chair.

B Dids
07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Don't underscore the beating a wrestler takes. They work a crazy schedule, and do very unkind things to their bodies.

jwvdcw
07-29-2004, 05:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knig...night&type=lgns

They were in a Minneapolis restaurant when a young woman sidled up to Lesnar and, according to ESPN's Wayne Drehs, told him her male friend "thinks you're kinda cute."

Lesnar erupted, according to Drehs, who wrote: "To print what Brock Lesnar said might make even John Rocker blush. But after his curse-laden outburst, he turned to a nearby reporter and explained, 'I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook. I don't like gays."'

Simon Diamond
07-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Don't underscore the beating a wrestler takes.

You're right, you only have to look at somebody like Stone Cold to see that pro wrestling can take its toll.

But the point I was trying to make was that there are very few, if any guys in the WWE that could physically dominate Brock and actually 'hurt' him. I'm sure there are quite a few in the NFL. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

nolanfan34
07-29-2004, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[/b]

You're right, you only have to look at somebody like Stone Cold to see that pro wrestling can take its toll.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Shawn Michaels, and Owen Hart, and many others.

Should be very interesting to see if he makes it. Although former McMahon employees are 1-for-1 so far....He Hate Me is still in it...

Boris
07-29-2004, 09:30 PM
He should make the practice squad easily. I'd say he has a better than 50% chance of making an NFL roster.

It's pretty obvious from the way the NFL owners rule the players that athleticism, and not learned technique, is the most important quality for most NFL positions. I belief is that Lesnar has the god given athleticism to play in the NFL.