PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio 8-16?

mandid
07-28-2004, 10:23 PM
HI, can anyone tell me about the 8-16 games at the Bellagio. Are they any good ex ex? any info would be great Ty

mrbaseball
07-29-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm no expert on this game but I do play it on my twice a year trips to LV. The past few times it has been real soft. Last time I was there (in May) it was extremely soft and kinda played like a Party 2/4 game. I usally play both this and the 6/12 at the Mirage but last trip the 6/12 was horrible and an ultra tight rock garden filled with grumpy locals.

I hate the Bellagio though. The lines are long and last trip I generally had to wait 45 mins to an hour just to get into the 8/16. It was worth the wait but a pain in the ass none the less.

I'm headed back out in September and I'm sure I'll play this game again but I am planning on trying the 10/20 at the Mirage as 2+2ers have been giving it good reviews. Besides I much prefer the Mirage to the Bellagio as far as comfort and atmosphere.

Smackdab
07-29-2004, 11:23 AM
I found the 8/16 at Bellagio to be quite profiytable my last trip out. Was seated immediately when I arrived at room about 7:30 PM. Button just passed me but I opted to wait for the blinds instead of post as I wanted to get a read on the table. When the blinds finally worked their way around to me I had a pretty good read on the table and YES, it was definitely what you might find at a Party 2/4. Played 4 hours and cashed out +$746. Next evening same type of game nearly same result +$532.

Would advise not to play mornings/afternoons as that seems to be when the local rock retirees play. Walked in one afternoon took one quick look at the lineup and walked right back out. I'm thinking next trip I'll look to get in a game around 10PM and play until I fall out of my seat from exhaustion or until the rocks show up, whichever comes first.

3rdCheckRaise
07-30-2004, 04:43 AM
If your bankroll allows you play 15-30...Just as soft but even more LAGish...

Al_Capone_Junior
07-30-2004, 11:24 AM
The games range from terrible to fantastic. You need to scout and ask for a table change if necessary. Usually tho, even during the day, there will be at least a couple fish at each table.

al

vegasbob
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
i think the 15-30 are better games also but only if you have the bankroll.