PDA

View Full Version : was this the correct play?

zeccola9
07-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I play in a home game with a mix of wild and relatively tight players. It is a no limit tournament format. We had 12 players total (six at each table to start, and then consolidate to one table when there are 8 left).We all start with 15,000 in chips and the blinds start at 100/200 and double every 15 minutes. At the time of the following hand, the blinds were 800/1600 and 10 of the 12 players were left. We only pay the top 2.

I am second to act with pocket sixes. The first to act calls, I raise to 3200, then the next player folds, the next player (who I know very well) goes all in. The small and big blinds fold. The first caller now goes all in. He is a relatively tight player. I am know faced with a decision. At the time, all 3 of us have roughly what we started with in chips. As you can see, its a pretty fast paced game with the blinds raising every 15min, so you need to take some chances, but I wasn't prepared to do it here. I put one of them on a higher pair. I ended up folding. Was it the proper play?

AtlBrvs4Life
07-28-2004, 10:28 PM
The fold was correct, but I don't like the min raise with 66 UTG+1 with a limper behind. Plus you didn't even give stack sizes.

Edit: I just realized you said you had about 15k in chips still. With blinds at 800/1600, this is all-in or fold time. I wouldn't make this move with 66.