PDA

View Full Version : I've (re)discovered a major solution to TILT!

Dov
07-28-2004, 09:28 PM
I love playing poker. That's the problem.

I will often have a crappy day where I overreact to little things. I look forward to playing cards later, because I'm good at it and I enjoy it.

Guess what? I have NEVER walked away winner in a session following a day like that. I know because of my journal.

The biggest leak in my game happenned before I ever got to the game. Now, if I have a day like this, I either play for play money online or go do something else.

Guess what? My win rate has more than tripled! I feel great while playing. I have the discipline to get up from the game any time I feel like it, knowing that I made a good choice in playing to start with.

You only play good starting cards, so only play good starting days too. I have been deriving a decent portion of my income from poker with an eye toward going full time. I have now decided that I won't go full time without a 900BB roll. This way, I will be able to take a week off - if I have to.

I think that this is the first part of game selection. I've seen it mentioned in a few of the books, but most people ignore this advice.

As they say, live to fight another day. And why not? You won't have to spend the next 2 weeks climbing out of the hole you dug yourself into in the first place. All for skipping a day or two.

Enough, I'm starting to ramble.

I hope this helps someone as I've been seeing a lot of these tilt posts lately.

Good Luck