PDA

View Full Version : Interesting No peekie hand

bygmesterf
07-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Howdy,

The Game 1-5 Limit 5 card No Peekie (No Wild Cards) with 50ct ante. You get 5 cards face down, UTG rolls 1 card, betting round, Next player rolls untill he can beat the board, etc etc. Players can opt to discard their 5th card face up, and draw a replacement if they so desire.

Me: X X X 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Fox: X 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Fox bets $3 at me (Current Pot size is $3), should I call/fold or raise back? Methinks the central question is how likely am I to improve in the next 3/4 cards vs my opponents single/double chance of improving.

danderso8
07-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Don't complicate things too much...you are behind, so if you don't like your last card, you will take the extra one. Same for him...he acts last, so, if at that point he's behind, he's gonna take 2 cards. If not, he doesn't need any.

One other thing to consider is that there is probably only one more round of betting you are going to participate in after this one, if you get ahead of him.

there are two 3's that will help you in the deck, plus whatever ways there are for 4 cards to create a pair (almost--not completely true since the 4th card could pair the one you discarded), or more accurately, whatever ways there are for a fifth or sixth card to pair your 3rd or 4th card. It's late, and I don't wanna do the math right now...

depending on how you improve, some of his outs will be tainted. For example, suppose you end up pairing q's...now he needs to hit his 4.

yeah, it's late...too many margaritas...maybe i'll think about this one more tomorrow.

--dan

Al_Capone_Junior
07-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Fold. You're beat and only getting 2:1 pot odds. He has redraws as well. In addition, you probably can't make up the lack of odds with implied odds, since he'll probably not pay you off if you make two pair and bet any reasonable amount.

al