PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4: Textbook isolation play against a LAG...almost

chesspain
07-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Fairly typical table, although I've noticed that for the last five or so orbits the player in UTG has openraised from UTG/UTG+1, or has raised from the blinds, way more than the distribution of cards should allow. He has shown down few hands, since he usually either stole pots with a flop bet, or he disappeared on the expensive streets when the action heated up. In addition, he liked to stop-and-go, although on one hand when I reraised his openraise with QQ, he bet-called my flop raise on a raggedy board yet bet out when a king turned, although he folded to my turn raise. Finally, he had been playing on a short stack forever, and would load up for $40 (only ten BB) whenever he dropped below $10.

Preflop: chesspain is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">8 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, chesspain checks. <font color="blue">[i]I was confused by his failure to go away in the face of my turn aggression. Since there is no way I can fold to a checkraise, I began to wonder whether there was any way he was going to put any more money into this pot unless I was beaten. I also wondered if he possibly just lost his nerve with an overpair or a weak J, and was just willing to checkcall with a possible better hand--in other words, I was afraid that a bet here would have no value.

Does everyone think I missed a ridiculously easy value bet?</font>

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between UTG and chesspain.</font>

chesspain
07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
UTG showed 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and MHIG

07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
lmao! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You found quite the fishy. Nice job. However, I'd still have trouble hitting the bet button on the river after that crazy turn aggression.

MoreWineII
07-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Wow.

TripleH68
07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
This reminds me of an article I read on psychology of reading hands. Since the flop came QJJ the fish would put you on AK. If the flop comes AKK he would put you on QQ. Nice play...

TRWIII
07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
It looks like someone found a new person for his buddy list /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I had a fishy maniac at a table a couple of days ago that would limp preplop 90% of the time, call any flop/turn bet, and would cap the river with nothing apparently trying to push people off their hands. Ive never made so much at a table in my life. Good times, good times.

TRWIII

Trix
07-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Considering how he played the other hand I would have called the turn 3bet and called the river. If he is on some weird hand, then I want him betting again on the river.

I only like it if he will fold a ten or a nine, wont bluff the river after you call and wont valuebet into you on the river.

If I cap the turn then I check the river through.