PDA

View Full Version : Which has the higher EV at Stars?

davidross
07-28-2004, 06:38 PM
My stars account isn't very well funded. I use it strictly for zoo tournies, and lately the $11 rebuy event. Now with teh WCOOP happening, I've tried a couple of satellites for specific events. I'm wondering If my EV is better to continue playing the $11 events and using any winnings towards an entry fee, or to keep trying the satellites.

cferejohn
07-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I think the overlay in the $10 rebuy is about as good as it gets...

Tosh
07-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Which satellites are you playing? The turbos are very very profitable. Yes they can become a crapshoot but the skilled player still has a massive edge overall in them.

Ulysses
07-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Why not just play a couple of extra hours of 15/30 and buy in to the tournies? I bet that's higher EV than playing these small sats. The only sats that might be worth playing are the ones for the $2500 main event.

Tosh
07-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Just a word, thats a good strategy for a good ring game player, but if you do that; buy W$ off people at a reduced rate. Always save the few extra $. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ilya
07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
On a related note --

what about playing the MTT satellites at Party for tourneys like the Million and the 200K? Terrible idea? Good idea?

Ulysses
07-28-2004, 07:59 PM
What's a good rate for tourney $?

Tosh
07-28-2004, 08:05 PM
I think the standard rate is 90%. I would suspect that you could potentially get it cheaper though.

Dentist
07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this because there's only $1 of rake??

Seriously... I hate rebuy events (i just don't like the concept of busting and getting back in) and I don't do well at them AND there's tons of players....

Why are these so great?

Ruddiger
07-28-2004, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... I hate rebuy events (i just don't like the concept of busting and getting back in) and I don't do well at them AND there's tons of players....

Why are these so great?

[/ QUOTE ]
the one dollar rake is good, but the bad players also put a lot of extra money in. I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding this

Dentist
07-28-2004, 09:26 PM
there are some horrid, absolutely horrid players in $5 events with no rebuy and $3 events with NO rake..

Why aren't THOSE the best deals ever?
I've played plenty of them... I cut my tourney teeth on them... I've never won one, or come close to a final table.

cferejohn
07-29-2004, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are these so great?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are players who make 15-20 rebuys. Because 1/4 of the field is gone before you can even *possibly* be eliminated assuming you are always rebuying when you bust. Because you get a ton of play with all those chips. Pretty much because I think that there are more bad players (or good players playing badly) who you can double up off of relatively easily.

cferejohn
07-29-2004, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there are some horrid, absolutely horrid players in $5 events with no rebuy and $3 events with NO rake..

Why aren't THOSE the best deals ever?
I've played plenty of them... I cut my tourney teeth on them... I've never won one, or come close to a final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

First prize for the $10 rebuy: $7-8K.

First prize for $3 and $5 tournaments: ? (a couple hundred?)

That's my reason, anyway.

Johnsears
07-29-2004, 08:41 AM
% wise you will make a better return the lower the buy-in of course.

$/h the 10+rebuys is the best tourney on stars, though.

davidross
07-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Dentist,

I love this tournament because I get so much play out of it for $31 (usually). When the rebuy period ends, there are a ton of chips in play. THe blinds don't become relavent for several hours usually, so for me trying to learn the game it was great experience. The downside is the crazies (some of them) come out of the rebuy period with 30K in chips, while I usually have 7K and thats a lot to overcome, but you can go relatively deep fairly often.

theBruiser500
07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
People who play in the $10 rebuy on stars, any idea what your hourly rate on that is? A rough ballpark estimate?

ilya
07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
^^^
bump.

Che
07-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I haven't calculated it in a while, but it was $133.71/hour for my first 22 attempts. I'm over 40 attempts now, but I have won only slightly less during the last 20 than I did during the first 22 so I'm guessing somewhere between $110 and $125/hour after 40+ efforts.

Later,
Che

Tosh
07-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Mine is approximately -$31/number of hours I play. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beachbum
07-30-2004, 04:04 AM
David,

I exclusively play at Party now, but I started at Stars. My friend reminded me of the WCOOP and I figured I'd play some sit-n-go's for the hell of it. So I dusted off my account and played sit-n-go's for the $500 NLHE on Sunday.

Since I try to play in these satellites for the big ones on Party, I figured I'd do the same at Stars. Between getting the extra chips (T1500 vs. T800 at Party) and the blinds going up so much slower, I really felt a huge edge increase for me. Bottom line, I finished 2nd last night, and won my seat tonight.

If you're used to playing Party sit-n-go's, definitely give the Stars ones a shot.