PDA

View Full Version : $3 dead rake in North Calif Cardrooms

RatTamago
07-28-2004, 04:17 PM
As a newbie to the Bay Area, I was quite surprised to find how much they rake in most cardrooms here. Typically, in a $3-$6 HE game with 1-3 blinds, the button must post a $3 rake on every hand.

Though the pots are often, but not always >$30, my gut tells me this rake is too high to make these games profitable- except under the weakest of circumstances....

anyone care to comment? thanks

SossMan
07-28-2004, 04:43 PM
The $3 button drop in the 3-6 game creates very good action. It comes out to about the same as dropping the BB and playing for a $1 pot.

exist
07-28-2004, 04:51 PM
you think that's bad? i've heard the drop at viejas has been raised to $4 house plus $1 jackpot drop. imagine them taking $5 out of every hand of your 3-6 game. if you haven't already, try playing online.

SossMan
07-28-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you think that's bad? i've heard the drop at viejas has been raised to $4 house plus $1 jackpot drop. imagine them taking $5 out of every hand of your 3-6 game. if you haven't already, try playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...anything under 6-12 live in CA is darn near unbeatable (or beatable for very little)

coolhandtom
07-28-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just there.. still a $3 drop after any flop hits.. $1 for the jackpot, and if the pot is over $30 i think, another buck is added.
I know the 3-6 at viejas/barona is beatable.. lots of fish in there after watching tv... but makes it tough when they constantly call preflop with J-3o, K-2o, and hit miracle flops...
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

DeepCroak
07-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Boy, I'm glad to hear someone think that - I was thinking I wasn't winning here just cuz I haven't played and learned enough yet. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any thoughts on how the free-rider (at least in an unraised pot) on the button changes how you should play relative to what SSH, HEFAP, etc. recommend? (They usually seem to assume a structure where the rake comes out as the pot grows).