PDA

View Full Version : Afraid I folded the winner...

Catch of the Day
07-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Okay table is pretty soft and I am having a decent day. Lotta loose calling going on PF so this hand had me a little confused.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP <font color="purple">(Mr. Passive )</font> posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, MP <font color="purple">(Mr. Passive )</font> (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, MP <font color="purple">(Mr. Passive )</font> calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Mr. Passive checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Mr. Passive calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, Mr. Passive calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Mr. Passive checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Mr. Passive calls, Hero folds.

River: (13.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Mr. Passive checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Mr. Passive calls $10 (All-In).

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Whats your read on the Button? and on the turn with a caller in between can possibly stay in the hand?

Thanks all,

Catch-

(edit: and I didnt realize just till just now that MP posted...)

exist
07-28-2004, 04:21 PM
i believe the button has a T, a 9, a T and a 9, a set, or a draw like QJ. it would help to narrow down his holdings if you gave some info about him. i think he is most likely overplaying a T though.

i think check calling the turn is fine because the button is very likely to bet a T. if you had position on the button, you should raise his turn bet to confront the passive player with two bets. however, with your current position you have no way to confront anyone with two bets. any plan of action that gets the turn bet should be ok. i think folding the turn is wrong.

also, why does a passive player who is playing passively worry you so much? a passive player playing aggressively would worry me much more.