PDA

View Full Version : ATs and BB play

Meatmaw
07-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Two hands:
1) 6-handed, 50/100 (blinds increasing in 3 minutes), stack is 1600. UTG with ATs, I raise to 400 and completely loose leader (seen him play T3, 85, but not raise all in with it) raises all-in. All fold to me. Was the initial raise too aggressive? And should I have folded or not? Doing so puts me just behind 3rd place stack.

2) BB with 43, same loose leader 2 seats behind calls PF and I check. Flop is 553. I have 1100 and pot is 250. Is it too aggressive to push here, given I observe him calling such things with almost any two cards?

kyro
07-28-2004, 01:14 PM
1st hand is tough. I'd probably push, but I wouldn't like it.

2nd hand, it's a pretty sure thing he doesn't have a pocket pair, as he'd most likely raise with it. So, he has to have 2 of the other 5's or 2 of the other 4's to be a favorite against you. I'd push so as to not give him odds to draw out on me.

Meatmaw
07-28-2004, 01:29 PM
That's what I thought, but I was having second thoughts about ever entering with the raise with ATs in the first place. It seemed like one of those borderline hands that I'm thinking I need to get away from. And after being a sucker for playing way too many BB hands where I saw the flop for free, I was doubting the correctness of pushing when I had the 4 for the 2 pair.

I've been coming to the slow realization that I play too many hands. I wait and wait and fold so much that when I get KT, QJ, A8 with a not-quite-desperate stack, I push and then get stuck against the AK or dominating hand very often. Maybe Ax is ok when getting desperate, like bordering on people not respecting your raise anymore (6-7BB?), but I'm thinking QJ, QT, KT hands may never be correct to go in with until you're clawing for survival at like 2-3 BB.

What do people think?