PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a personal SNG advisor?

Cragzop
07-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Does anyone want to better their SNG play? I have been playing nothing but tournaments for quite some time now and I would like to share everything I've learned with interested individuals new to the game. I am willing to do this FOR FREE as long as you use my affiliate code of "EPMIKE" on EmpirePoker.com (same exact tables/company as party poker only with a better color scheme) so I at least get something to show for my efforts (at no cost to you). That code will give you an additional 20% cash on however much your first deposit is, up to $500. I would be willing to watch your tournaments, review your hand histories with you, and provide support and assistance online through AIM, e-mail, or telephone if necessary. Please e-mail me if interested. eddie_van_who@yahoo.com Looking for a max of only 5-10 serious individuals currently as I am only one person.

~Mike

nolanfan34
07-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Mmmmm, spamalicious!

I would post this in the 1-table tournament forum instead, and then get prepared to be flamed relentlessly. Flambe!

Cragzop
07-28-2004, 01:09 PM
This is only spam to people who are sucessful at the game already, that's why I posted in this section. I'm offering free help for those interested, please don't cheapen that offer. If I wanted to get slammed I would indeed post this in the tourney section as you suggested but I am not trying to push anything, simply offering help to a few individuals who may want it. Thank you.

nolanfan34
07-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh really? To me, this is an affiliate ad, no matter what playing level you are. Buy a classified ad if you want to post an affiliate link.

I am not against using the teaching tactic to get people to sign up. Kudos to you if you get some signups this way. But I've also played golf for a long time - doesn't mean I'm qualified to teach it.

Cragzop
07-28-2004, 02:12 PM
So take some golf lessons then, not sure what to tell you. 38K in 8 1/2 months playing online tells me I'm qualifed. Would you rather I push books or software instead which cost people money to buy and learn from? Get bent ok. Next time post something positive rather than looking for articles like mine to take cheap shots at. I would never just post an affiliate code with nothing to offer anyone. That would be absolutely rude, and WOULD deserve your last two posts. I'm assuming you don't know about the polite, helpful, and mature poker forum that I post to or else you wouldn't be here, or would you? Good luck with your bashing.

moondogg
07-28-2004, 02:45 PM
You're probably not going to get very far with this here. Most people (myself included) are going to consider this blantent spamming, regardless of your skill, teaching ability, or how good the deal is.

Here's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=863291&page=5&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#863291) an example of a shitstorm about the exact same thing earlier in the week.

nolanfan34
07-28-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never just post an affiliate code with nothing to offer anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be rude, honestly. I believe that posting affiliate info can get you banned from this site though, which is why I suggested that you buy a classified ad. I'm not saying you don't have anything to offer someone by offering to teach them. Sounds like you've had very good results playing online.

AliasMrJones
07-28-2004, 05:53 PM
This seems to be the new affiliate scam. On a local Denver Poker board someone offered to "teach" people how to play better poker if they joined her Yahoo group. Well, it turns out you have to sign up to Party with her code and then you get some Word documents with mostly stolen content from other books. (BTW, I noticed there was a Removed At The Request Of Two Plus Two Publishing where the starting hands chart apparently originally was.) You also get fabulous prizes which are just the regular bonuses. Who knows, maybe people will learn something, but just looked very scammy to me.

nothumb
07-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi C-

Maybe if you had ever posted anything else here people would trust your offer a bit more.

NT

bonanz
07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you had ever posted anything else here people would trust your offer a bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

"hi my signup date is yesterday, all of my posts are from this thread. I'm a genius, made $x.xx. here's my affiliate code"
after flames:
"I'm just here to help! trying to be a good guy. offering help for free"

everyone here who would probably want someone to sweat them during sngs already is signedup at the places they like to play. If you want to contribute to this board and really help out you could sweat them without requiring them to signup anywhere. post the process in the one table tourney forum and all can benefit including you.

regards,
bonanz
welcome to the board