PDA

View Full Version : BB with AJ suited....already in the money..was my thinking correct?

ddwarbuck
07-28-2004, 09:54 AM
party poker tuesday nite tourney with 852 players. money began at 90 players. this situation arose with 65 players left. i'm in the BB with about 3800 dollars left. blinds are 600/1200 at the time. all fold to the button who has 32 thousand dollars. he bets 1800. SB folds. i have
A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. so now my mind goes thru various scenarios that i would love comment on. one side of me says to fold. much of my reading says that AJ even suited is one of those trouble hands. his bet puts me almost fifty percent in if i call, pretty much forcing me to go all in at some point. so, would better part of valor been to fold here and wait for another hand where i could be the bettor rather than the caller . another thought was to go all in here. his bet did not represent alot of strength. however, my stack was only 10% of his total stack. would an all in bet really scare him? would anyone go all in here? what amount would the button have to be in relation to my stack to make an all in call. i chose however to just call and see the flop. was this the right play? flop comes 5,7,10 with no matching suits and no hearts for me. i'm to bet first. i didn't hit the flop at all. if i check here and he bets, i would probably fold to any bet which would be likely. with button's weak bet however, i just chose to move all in at this point with two over cards. button calls. well the play didn't work with button having K5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. his pair of fives wins pot and i go to bed. anybody play this hand differently. if you would, what would you're thought process be. thanks all

Neuge
07-28-2004, 10:01 AM
That's an easy push. You mean the button bet 3000? 1200 on top of the BB?

Either way, you are so short stacked that it's an automatic push. By the time the blinds get back around you'll be in an even less advantageous position, asuming you don't get ante'd to nothing by then.

Push and feel good about your bet. You're ahead before the flop anyway.

durron597
07-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Your stack is so short that I would be thanking the Poker Gods for the miracle that is AJs on a BB that is nearly 1/3 my stack. Of course, the Poker Gods are fickle creatures, giving you a great hand given your situation, and then causing the flop to miss and bust you. Oh well; there's no way you don't bust there, though I would have pushed preflop frankly.