PDA

View Full Version : How would you have played it

hummusx
07-28-2004, 09:31 AM
I apologize for this not being formatted, but for some reason when I tried to run it through the formatter it wouldn't work.

---------------------------------
Seat 9 is the button

Total number of players : 9

Seat 3: lilrock124 ( $750 )

Seat 6: TrueGel ( $770 )

Seat 8: gimmeumony ( $810 )

Seat 9: EdubbnNano ( $620 )

Seat 1: hummusx ( $1110 )

Seat 4: beerboy8gal ( $785 )

Seat 5: Bwayjoe ( $775 )

Seat 7: RAYMAN27 ( $1875 )

Seat 10: soir1111 ( $505 )

Blinds(10/15)

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to hummusx [ Tc 9h ]

lilrock124 folds.

beerboy8gal folds.

Bwayjoe calls [15].

TrueGel folds.

RAYMAN27 calls [15].

gimmeumony calls [15].

EdubbnNano calls [15].

soir1111 calls [5].

hummusx checks.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 8s, 7d ]

soir1111 checks.

hummusx checks.

Bwayjoe checks.

RAYMAN27 checks.

gimmeumony checks.

EdubbnNano bets [100].

soir1111 folds.

hummusx calls [100].

Bwayjoe folds.

RAYMAN27 folds.

gimmeumony folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]

hummusx checks.

EdubbnNano bets [40].

hummusx calls [40].

** Dealing River ** [ 8h ]

hummusx bets [150].

EdubbnNano is all-In [315].

naphand
07-28-2004, 02:49 PM
These two posts certainly deserve a reply, they are both a tricky and look like hands gone wrong. Tough decisions need to be made....

FIRSTLY. Please don't ever post a hand as horribly formatted as this again, if you want people to respond. There is no excuse with a "preview" option and an "edit" option. Take your time to present your post in a reader-friendly way. You can re-set the spacing etc. by hand, it's not difficult.

SECONDLY. And generally to all. Please, please can you give some kind of reads on your opponents. If it is very early then ok, but you must have an idea of how many hands they are playing, if they call a lot, or put in big raises etc. If you are not reading your opponents for all you can, you are not playing poker. Share this info with the forum, so there is a chance to give a more applied response.

TO THE HAND IN QUESTION....

Chip-stack is fine. You get a free play from the BB against a bunch of limpers. Looks a loose/passive game.

FLOP. What a flop for you! But there are 2 suits on the board, so you are taking a risk slowplaying.

I'm torn between making a small bet (maybe t30), and hoping someone raises or you get a lot of loose calls from overcards or paired kickers/flush draws, and just checking. Given how passive these players look I think I prefer making a bet, there is a chance everyone will be too scared to bet this and a bet disguises your nut hand pretty well.

As it turned out there is a reasonable bet, which you call.

TURN. Not a great card, as now there are additional draws to beat you. Not so bad as it is heads up. You must be against at least 2-pair, or a set made FH, but hopefully something like A8 or 78. Your opponent is lowish on chips and you have him covered by about t500, which is in your favour.

Again you have a choice to bet out (and try to take the pot then) or CR. Calling his small bet was WRONG. The board is getting ugly. With the 6 pairing I think I bet about half his stack. This will likely surprise him, and if he comes over the top I think you must call. If he folds, well ok his hand was not great anyway so you weren't getting him all-in. I think CR would be better with a less threatening card, he may be nervous of the paired board and just check it through. I would be very suspicious of your call on the flop anyway. His mini-bet could be fear, testing to see if you go for a big raise.

My preference is to bet out and put him under pressure, as I don't like the board at all now. You are still a favourite (I think) but he has outs to go past you with any pair on that board. He can make a big mistake by calling with TP, or fold out and give you the pot. 20-20 hindsight but I hate slowplaying to the River unless I have a really powerful hand with no re-draws.

RIVER. Ugh! What a terrible card. You could very likely be beaten by a FH here, unless he was a 7 (unlikely given the t100 flop bet). It seems terrible to give up on this now, but I can't see any way you win here unless you are up against an overpair - and surely he raises that PF? Checking just invites a bluff; when I see that River I feel I am just going to check/fold to a sizeable bet. Check might even be a reasonable play, his Turn action looked scared and he may read you as slow-playing him (you are). You lose just t155 by folding here to a big bet or push, and lose a lot more by bet/calling a push or flat calling.

Tough spot. Unlucky board development for you. Good post. I give up on the River.

It would be nice to hear some other comments on this, as it is a tricky spot. But that River looks like burning chips to me.

hummusx
07-28-2004, 02:56 PM
---------------------------------
Seat 9 is the button

Total number of players : 9

Seat 3: lilrock124 ( $750 )
Seat 6: TrueGel ( $770 )
Seat 8: gimmeumony ( $810 )
Seat 9: EdubbnNano ( $620 )
Seat 1: hummusx ( $1110 )
Seat 4: beerboy8gal ( $785 )
Seat 5: Bwayjoe ( $775 )
Seat 7: RAYMAN27 ( $1875 )
Seat 10: soir1111 ( $505 )

Blinds(10/15)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hummusx [ Tc 9h ]
lilrock124 folds.
beerboy8gal folds.
Bwayjoe calls [15].
TrueGel folds.
RAYMAN27 calls [15].
gimmeumony calls [15].
EdubbnNano calls [15].
soir1111 calls [5].
hummusx checks.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 8s, 7d ]

soir1111 checks.
hummusx checks.
Bwayjoe checks.
RAYMAN27 checks.
gimmeumony checks.
EdubbnNano bets [100].
soir1111 folds.
hummusx calls [100].
Bwayjoe folds.
RAYMAN27 folds.
gimmeumony folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]

hummusx checks.
EdubbnNano bets [40].
hummusx calls [40].

** Dealing River ** [ 8h ]

hummusx bets [150].
EdubbnNano is all-In [315].

hummusx
07-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the response.

Firstly: Yes, the formatting completely sucked. Honestly though, trying to clean-up formatting in this TINY little edit window really sucks. I did format my second one better, and went I went to edit this it said the edit time had expired.

Secondly: If you look, the blinds are 10/15 so it's right at the start of the game. I have no reads on anyone. Of course, I don't often feel like I get very good reads on many of my opponents, since so many hands never get shown. I'll pick up on patterns, and the really stupid people are easy to identify, but this is an area I definitely need to improve.

naphand
07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
You can edit in notepad.