PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars HH Replays

wmajik
07-28-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm usually a lurker on the forum, but I'll come out of hiding here for a second.

Some of you may know of the Party Poker hand history replayer, but I just wanted to say that I just recently wrote a PokerStars to Party Poker hand history converter (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer/pokerstars.html) that will enable the PokerStars HH files to play in the replayer.

The converter was written specifically for tournament histories, so a number of you here may find it valuable to review long posts with PokerStars hand histories. It's probably got a few bugs still, but it works well for the most part.

Anyhow, just thought to share.

(PS: I notice the occasional posts of complete hand histories. I probably wouldn't mind hosting those on my site as I can provide a one line URL that you can point to the replay. I figure that would cut down on the size of the HH posts substantially. PM me if you're interested)

Phill S
07-28-2004, 08:58 AM
i use poker villain at the moment (google and enter poker villain), but it has a few problems in it (i cant be bothered to get a netteller account to buy the unrestricted version for one).

however, im sure ill use your converter, i like the party HH player (discovered it due to frozen fishs historys which i was told about). ill try it tonight, keep up the good work.

Phill

happybhoy
07-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I have been looking for something similiar for UB hand histories from my SNG trials and triumphs. I was going to use your code as a starting point for a converter for my own personal use. When I get this done if you'd be interested in hosting it on your site I'll be happy to supply you with the altered code.

wmajik
07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Happy - have you already started work on a UB version? The reason I ask is that the code for the replayer is obfusicated in the latest version, so you might have a hard time toying around with it.

If you need access to the source, I can probably do that as long as it isn't used for commercial purposes.

happybhoy
07-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I haven't started yet but I took a look at the code for the Pokerstars converter. I can see the expected output from that, so as far as I can see all I would need to do is map the UB details to the expected output - its a step removed from putting them straight into the replayer (nice work btw) but should be a relatively straight-forward task, I'm kinda busy at the moment but I'll try and invest some time in it and send you the results. Rest assured I'm not looking to gain from your work, as I said I was originally going to do it for personal use but I imagine it would be handy for others when its done. Can you be reached at the teamfu.freeshell.org site, through the forum possibly? I'll let you know when I've got it done.