PDA

View Full Version : Review of some of the speeches

GWB
07-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Some interesting points from this article (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040727-103447-1629r.htm)

Pres. Carter:

Mr. Coleman said he was troubled by former President Jimmy Carter's speech on foreign policy. Mr. Carter talked about the need for a new foreign policy of "peace and cooperation" with America's allies, but Mr. Coleman said, "At the end of the Carter administration, America was not respected in the world because of our lack of strength."

Pres. Clinton:

Mr. Coleman also took issue with former President Bill Clinton's statement that "wisdom and strength are not opposing values," which drew a standing ovation from Democratic delegates.
"Strength in the war on terrorism is acting pre-emptively, not waiting for the attack, but taking the fight to the enemy," Mr. Coleman said.
"Wisdom is having a consistent direction, yet in Senator Kerry, we have something like seven different positions on his vote against the $87 billion military supplemental bill for body armor and health care for our troops," he said. "That's not wisdom."

Michael Moore included in the Presidential box:

The senator noted that Democrats had given Bush-bashing filmmaker Michael Moore a place of honor at the convention.
"Michael Moore sits with Jimmy Carter in the presidential box. Is that the foreign policy that is going to come out of this convention?" Mr. Coleman said. "Does this demonstrate the party's commitment to make tough decisions to protect us against terrorism? I don't think so."

El Barto
07-28-2004, 10:47 AM
So far none of the speeches have given a real good reason to vote for Kerry. This convention hasn't been doing its job, and I don't "feel" a big bounce coming yet.

El Barto
07-29-2004, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So far none of the speeches have given a real good reason to vote for Kerry. This convention hasn't been doing its job, and I don't "feel" a big bounce coming yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Edwards has started to put out a case for Kerry but not very strong.

Kerry needs to hit a homerun with his speech. Can he do it?

andyfox
07-29-2004, 01:17 AM
"Kerry needs to hit a homerun with his speech. Can he do it?"

He's given no evidence that he can.

natedogg
07-29-2004, 01:22 AM
I spoke to a person who attended Kerry's big fundraiser in San Jose a couple months back. She is a big supporter.

She said the whole place was totally energized and upbeat and roaring after every speech .... until Kerry started talking.

I think he suffers from some of the same problems as Al Gore. He's too wooden and forced. I doubt he'll knock us dead tomorrow.

natedogg

ChristinaB
07-29-2004, 08:20 AM
http://www.johnkerry.com/images/banner/072904_hope3.jpg

whiskeytown
07-29-2004, 09:52 AM
coleman....

know him from Minneapolis...this is the guy who couldn't beat Jesse Ventura in an election for Governor...

he couldn't beat a feather boa wearing actor/pro wrestler - that puts him only a bit above Ashcroft, who couldn't beat a dead guy...

this is a guy who won his seat cause Wellstone died in a plane crash the week before....so, actually, he's above Ashcroft, cause he CAN beat a dead guy...LOL

pick someone with a bit more capital to make your points...

RB

GWB
07-29-2004, 10:50 AM
whiskytown,

John Edwards couldn't win reelection to the Senate from North Carolina once the people there figured out how liberal he is. Thats why he ran for President this year. It was the old "Move Up or Out".

whiskeytown
07-29-2004, 11:31 AM
completely unsubstantiated statement... - and unprovable -

ding ding...you're wrong, but thanks for playing...

RB

nothumb
07-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Not only could he not beat 'the Body,' he accused Paul Wellstone of stealing money from small family farms by refusing to repeal the death tax, which was a blatant and disgusting lie.

Diebold carried Minnesota, not Coleman.

NT

Rooster71
07-29-2004, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whiskytown,

John Edwards couldn't win reelection to the Senate from North Carolina once the people there figured out how liberal he is. Thats why he ran for President this year. It was the old "Move Up or Out".

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds like something spewed from the Rush Limbaugh show. While it sounds convincing, it has no basis in facts.

GWB
07-30-2004, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
completely unsubstantiated statement... - and unprovable -

ding ding...you're wrong, but thanks for playing...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

You are free to ignore the polls that showed him losing badly. He avoided proving the polls right by withdrawing from his reelection race.