PDA

View Full Version : The return of PokerBob: Hand 2

PokerBob
07-28-2004, 02:02 AM
I feel crummy about this hand. There are so many mistakes, I'm not sure what is the worst one. Flame away.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Button and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (14 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Ks 3h (straight, ace high).
BB shows Kc As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins 14 BB. </font>

lil'
07-28-2004, 10:34 AM
What's wrong with this?

Pre-flop - Good
Flop - bet top two - good
Turn - bet, call because you have odds to fill up - good.
River - You didn't hit your 4 outer, so you fold - good

edit - Oh yeah, this is a micro limit hand. Post it there next time!

MoreWineII
07-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. btw, put the button on your buddy list.

Brannigan
07-28-2004, 11:14 AM
i'd have probably checked on the turn in the hopes of seeing the river for one BB (slim hope). the button would have bet and the bb would have still raised though. you'd then be in the ugly position of having to call 2 bets cold with a possible re-raise behind you. this may have forced you to muck and save that last 2 BB's.

it was an ugly board, just pretty enough to hurt you a little. preflop, flop, and river were fine. turn is debatable, either way would have you calling 2 BB's at the minimum if you were in the mood to chase.

lil'
07-28-2004, 11:29 AM
i'd have probably checked on the turn in the hopes of seeing the river for one BB (slim hope). \
No way should you check the turn and give a lone /images/graemlins/club.gif a free shot to outdraw you.

Brannigan
07-28-2004, 11:39 AM
i'd figure to be already dead to a straight and drawing for a jack to win. you're drawing to win, try to get the card cheap or throw it away.

lil'
07-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I'd be more concerned about flush draws than lone kings calling my flop bet.

If you are that sure you are behind on the turn, you need to fold to a turn bet, since you don't have the odds to call to make a full house.