PDA

View Full Version : Who posts the worst poker content?

FrankLu99
07-28-2004, 12:28 AM
off to Barnes and Nobles to read small stakes. i heard it is a g00t book.

FrankLu99
07-28-2004, 03:50 AM
couldnt find small stakes holdem. acutally i did not see many sklansky or mulmuth books so i took a look at two 7 card stud books, one by A. Adams another by Roy West. they were so-so.

Toro
07-28-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't think you're going to find a good selection of poker books in any book store except of course for the Gamblers Bookstore in LV. I suggest trying the following:

1. Click on books on this site for 2+2 publications.
2. Call the Gamblers bookstore to see if they have a catalogue
3. Log onto Amazon and do a search for Poker books
4. Pick up a copy of Cardplayer Magazine next time you're at your local card room. There are tons of ads for various poker books.

HUSKER'66
07-28-2004, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4. Pick up a copy of Cardplayer Magazine next time you're at your local card room. There are tons of ads for various poker books.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet go to www.cardplayer.com (http://www.cardplayer.com), save the $5.95 that you would pay for ONE issue and order the same books through the web site.

Also look at the book section here.

Husker

p.s. I know he said pick up a free copy at your local cardroom, but if your like me you don't have a "local" cardroom...now that they are selling at B&N, Border's etc they run almost six bucks a copy/$39.95 for a years subscription (26 issues)

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't think you're going to find a good selection of poker books in any book store except of course for the Gamblers Bookstore in LV.

Absolutely not true. Go to any Borders and you'll likely find every 2+2 book except Ed's which hasn't hit the shelves here yet.

Rushmore
07-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Get thee to Ebay.

Guy wins twice in a row. Guy buys every poker book ever published.

Guy loses ten times in a row. Guy sells every poker pook ever published.

Just search "poker books." You can probably buy ALL of them from ONE guy.

juris
07-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I second Rushmore.

Ebay is the best place to get books. I've gotten most of the 2+2 books COMBINED for under $10 on ebay. Its kinda one of those things you check every day for a week and you'll find it.

Toro
07-28-2004, 09:38 AM
I think you now have a lot of great suggestions but I am curious about the title you selected as it has nothing to do with your post ?

Thythe
07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get thee to Ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious and true.

SpiderMnkE
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Also... if anyone does look for these books at Barnes and Noble, go ask someone for the book.

When I went I had to ask and they had every Sklansky book in the back.

Then.. my brother calls me from B&N in CA cuz he is searching for books I recommended to him... they aren't on the shelf. I finally talk him into asking for the books... and sure enough... they had them in the back. Weird eh.

The dude he asked about the books started talking to him because he was in shock over how many poker books were selling. The little games section is always full.. every 2 hours they have to go reorganize the shelves... aparently this poker thing is becoming very popular.

Rushmore
07-28-2004, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you now have a lot of great suggestions but I am curious about the title you selected as it has nothing to do with your post ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This, sir, is an excellent point, and one I am surprised got swept under the rug.

To respond to the question in the title of the originall post, I nominate Clark, because his posts make me feel the worst for my stupidity.

Toro
07-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Well it was on my mind because I clicked on the post because I wanted to nominate myself.

jwvdcw
07-28-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I second Rushmore.

Ebay is the best place to get books. I've gotten most of the 2+2 books COMBINED for under $10 on ebay. Its kinda one of those things you check every day for a week and you'll find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? So you're getting them for like $1 per book???

felson
07-28-2004, 02:50 PM
There's this guy named FrankLu99 who likes to post useless crap with the wrong subject title. I think he is on a quest to go from stranger to old hand inside of a week. I nominate him.

FrankLu99
07-28-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's this guy named FrankLu99 who likes to post useless crap with the wrong subject title. I think he is on a quest to go from stranger to old hand inside of a week. I nominate him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather be an enthusiast than an old hand. it just sounds cooler, no? anyway have a good day

FrankLu99
07-28-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get thee to Ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha
usually i dont ever buy poker books. I just go to the local bookstore (borders or B&Nobles) and read whatever they have there. I think it is +EV: I dont spend money on books and I am forced to leave the house. However, I do spend money on gas and sometimes I walk across the street to the mall and occasionally buy something.

FrankLu99
07-28-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i do that sometimes. I am weird like that.
actually i saw another post, "best poker content" and I thought that this forum would be incomplete without "worst poker content." Well i didnt want to leave the post blank with empty content and I was about to go to the bookstore so thats why i posted what i did.

radar5
07-28-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this feature......