PDA

View Full Version : Can someone teach me to read?

fyodor
07-27-2004, 10:43 PM
For the umpteenth time I find myself in a LIMIT tourney when I thought I was entering a NL one.

Che
07-27-2004, 10:58 PM
And I thought I was the only one!

I have played 3 limit tourneys in my life - all by accident.

Amazingly, I took 2nd of 10 in one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Unfortunately, it was a winner-take-all satellite. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Potowame
07-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Did that a PP about a year ago, thought I was in a 5+1 nl sngl. opps Limit. You talk about tourture, ten player flops into raised pots, 5 player show downs. I thought I was going to go crazy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stoneii
07-28-2004, 07:50 AM
heh heh - to this day you will still see my name enlisted for a limit satellite when I've jumped in just as they're seating, looking of course for a NL game!!

So no, sorry can't teach you anything here. Might run into you at a limit game though, we'll be the two raising most pots then and shouting MORE, FASTER, CAN'T PROTECT, CAN'T PROTECT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stoneii

kgrad5
07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
my first EVER sng, i thought i clicked on nl 5 +.50 on stars, turns out i clicked on the one right beneath it which was limit omaha high low.. that was an interesting tournament seeing as id never played omaha hi-lo before.. funny thing is.. i won the sng hah!

kyro
07-28-2004, 10:35 AM
well, as boring as they are, they ARE profitable. I've moneyed about 75 percent of them, including last night when i folded for about 4 straight orbits before finally winning a hand. No, you can't protect your hand as well, but the people are so bad there, I have to assume the EV is greater.

jwvdcw
07-28-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, as boring as they are, they ARE profitable. I've moneyed about 75 percent of them, including last night when i folded for about 4 straight orbits before finally winning a hand. No, you can't protect your hand as well, but the people are so bad there, I have to assume the EV is greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm..don't expect that to continue