PDA

View Full Version : JJ from SB

Geng
07-27-2004, 10:04 PM
1/2 limit table, 10 people. Been playing about 15 minutes and it seemed like there were several that would go to the river with any ace or any suited. I'm on the SB with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 5 people called the the 1$BB (UTG, Button, and Button -3 folded). I called for the extra .50 on the SB and the BB checked.

Would you have raised in this situation?

Flop was K /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

As it ended up, I went against the odds since the first person to bet out was notorious for betting with anything. I called and 1 other called so I figured the other guy for the set. It checked around on the Turn (figure UTG+1 was trying for a check raise) and a J came on the River giving me the full house to take it. I went against the odds by a little here on the flop but since the original bettor was betting everything I called him to take a little chance. Had I raised pre-flop, the BB may have folded but I think the other 5 would have called anyway.

Thoughts?

Haupt_234
07-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Raise preflop.

Also, bet/raise the flop.

Haupt_234

MoreWineII
07-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Why didn't you raise pre-flop just out of curiosity?

Ron H
07-27-2004, 11:08 PM
What set did you figure the other guy for?

etizzle
07-27-2004, 11:20 PM
no, dont raise preflop. You are out of position and an overcard is going to flop 57% of the time. At this limit you must punish them on the flop by check raising it (if you think you can get it in). A raise preflop will only give them correct odds to draw to their A or Q

cold_cash
07-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Here we go.... everybody buckle up.

brian0729
07-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok, I will start CC.

RAISE PRE FLOP
Use Bison's Converter
RAISE PRE FLOP
Post these hands in the micro forum, please
RAISE PRE FLOP
Search the archives for the JJ in the Blinds, this has been discussed so many times it isnt funny anymore
RAISE PRE FLOP

and finally raise pre flop.

Geng
07-28-2004, 12:27 AM
With that many people in ahead I figured there were at least 3 AKQ out there and if any hit on the flop with serious action I was going to fold. If it had been bet on the turn I would have folded at that point figuring there was a set out there but as it happens it checked around so I got the free card to see the river.

Geng
07-28-2004, 12:29 AM
I figured he had a King with a poor kicker that he was willing to call a bet but not bet out or raise with. That or King with a decent kicker like a Q that he was planning on check-raising with on the Turn since someone else bet out for him on the flop. But neither of us bet out on the turn so I got to see the river for free.