PDA

View Full Version : KJs - Flop Action?

Sarge85
07-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

No specific reads
SB is down to his last few dollars
The pot is large

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (13 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero ????

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

J.R.
07-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Call. SB will likely throw in his last few dollars and the CO has already called one bet so a raise may only serve to possibly eliminate one player (UTG+1), which doesn't greatly increase your chances of winning, and the chance you are ahead is slim and your 6 out draw isn't great.

UTG+1 seems resinged to fold his underpair like TT, QQ or KK, has flopped a monster or has KQ, so a riase won't/shouldn't induce KQ to fold nor should it change the fact that the monster will 3-bet and KK or QQ will fold. Basically a raise doesn't do much for you in the plus column but opens you up to the potential for more punishment.

Yeknom58
07-27-2004, 07:52 PM
If UTG+1 has KK or QQ I think allot of the time he isn't resigned to folding but he's resigned to calling down. Now if our hero raises that might induce KK or QQ to fold. I also think sometimes a raise gets you a free card. I'm not sure if raising is the best but it's not all piss and vinegar.

WarmonkEd
07-27-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna say raise. There's 13 SB in the pot.

Sarge85
07-27-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna say raise. There's 13 SB in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise here - assuming bricks fall on the turn and river, am I resigned to calling this down?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif