PDA

View Full Version : Question from Bill Simmons lastest mailbag

WEASEL45
07-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Q: Is there a female equivalent to the phrase "sausage-fest"? It would be inserted into sentences like: "I would never join an all-female gym. Sure, I wouldn't have to deal with guys ogling me all the time, but it would be a total [blank]." Is there a catchy phrase for this situation that I am unaware of?

--Sara Regan, Tempe, Ariz.

SG: Great question. I even sent this one out to my friends. Out of the top 100 possible answers, 100 of them couldn't be printed. In fact, nine of them would have redefined comedy as we know it. But since this Web site is owned by the Disney corporation ... well ... you know. I could come up with some generic ones, but they would end up being about as funny as one of Tammy Pescatelli's "I'm Sicilian" routines on "Last Comic Standing."

So here's what I'm hoping: People will e-mail back and forth about this, saying to each other, "Did you read Simmons' column today? What do you think the nine phrases were?" Invariably, the readers come up with nine or 10 on their own, one of them spreads, and eventually, the female equivalent of "sausage-fest" emerges in a grass-roots sort of way. Hey, I can dream.

any ideas?
full mailbag (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040723)

daryn
07-27-2004, 06:09 PM
a fish market?

a taco shack?

a room full of pussies? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

James Boston
07-27-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a room full of pussies

[/ QUOTE ]

...and we have a winner.

B Dids