PDA

View Full Version : Randy Johnson is the biggest tool ever

ThaSaltCracka
07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Agent reportedly demands D-Backs deal Unit
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago

Baseball's trade deadline is just days away, and one of Randy Johnson's agents has reportedly demanded his client be dealt to the New York Yankees — or else, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.

The days are dwindling prior to the July 31 trade deadline. But how much say does Randy Johnson's agent have in a potential deal? (Matt York / AP)
The newspaper cited unnamed baseball officials "with knowledge of the situation" and reported Barry Meister, one of the star lefty's representatives, has tried to strong-arm a potential deal by making veiled threats that Johnson could create problems if he is forced to continue pitching for the lowly Diamondbacks.

Meister is thought to have told D-Backs GM Joe Garagiola Jr.: "If you don't trade him to the Yankees, you are going to have one unhappy player."

"And how would I tell the difference," Garagiola apparently replied.

It should be noted Garagiola offered the East Valley (Ariz.) Tribune no comment about the exchange.

The Ledger also reported Garagiola and Yankees GM Brian Cashman spoke briefly Monday — but reportedly without discussing a legitimate trade proposal.

As for Johnson, he seems a bit unhappy of late, which might be attributable to Arizona's recent 14-game losing streak, which ended Monday night. But Johnson also recently had a shouting match with teammate Luis Gonzalez in which the 6-foot-10 veteran reportedly shoved Gonzo against a water cooler.

And the Ledger points out Johnson seems to have a way of acting up when things don't seem to go his way. In 1998, for example, the Big Unit fought with Seattle Mariners teammates before the club finally traded him.

FLAME ON!

ThaSaltCracka
07-27-2004, 06:56 PM
I see, 34 views and no one disagrees with me!!! Thus, I will conclude he is a total tool and a brat all thrown into one big ugly mess.

nolanfan34
07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"And how would I tell the difference," Garagiola apparently replied.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really said that, that's hilarious.

Toro
07-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Apparently, Garigiola is taking a page out of the Bill Belicheck school of management. Ty Law said everything and I mean everything to shoot his way out of town so he could score a big payday somewhere(nevermind that he is already one the highest paid corners).

But Belicheck would have nothing of it, basically ignored all the insults and let the court of public opinion roast the ingrate on sports radio. Well Law showed up for minicamp and by all accounts was a model citizen. That's why here in Patriot country we have a motto. "In Bill We Trust".

Mucking Idiot
07-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Maybe he's a tool, maybe not...I have no idea.

He did spank them yankees though, didn't he?

ThaSaltCracka
07-27-2004, 09:11 PM
this is just another reason to hate him though... this guy burns bridges where ever he goes.

bwana devil
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM
big tool? maybe. big unit? definitely.

i wont hate him unless he becomes a yankee.

bwana

andyfox
07-28-2004, 12:35 AM
"He did spank them yankees though, didn't he?"

Twice. Once in '95 with Seattle, and again in '01 with Arizona. Both times the Yankees were three outs away from winning.