PDA

View Full Version : Anyone call this river?

SuitedDucks
07-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Just sat down at the table so no reads. I know its bad to fold in big pots, but i cant see anyway my hand is good.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.25 BB, between BB and MP2.</font>

zram21
07-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Why didn't you 3-bet the turn here? You couldn't have asked for a better card unless it was the case T. Unless the raiser was holding QQ, QT, or Q2 (none of which are likely) you are golden here. Raise and a call a cap on the turn.

I think raising the turn would have put you in a better position on the river, but there is no way I am folding here.

lil'
07-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Why are you not re-raising the turn?

bdk3clash
07-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Why in the world didn't you 3-bet the turn? If MP2 has QT (the only reasonable hand you're behind), he'll cap, you'll call on the river, it'll be great.

Yeah, I'm calling 2 cold on the river, and another 2 if it's capped behind me. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm doing it.

Songwind
07-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I call that river all the live-long day.

The chances that someone has the case queen are small, and obviously both raisers can't have it. You're also behind JJ,KK,AA, and that's it. Those hands would most likely raise preflop. The pot is huge. Call a lot.

47outs
07-27-2004, 04:12 PM
I would have taken the 20seconds they give you and checked poker tracker on these 2 guys. From there I would have made my decision which probably would have been fold.

outs

StellarWind
07-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Reraise the turn. You are a huge favorite. I put BB on a queen for his stop-and-go and MP2 on the other queen or 22. MP2 was probably planning a checkraise. If someone has queens full you are just too unlucky for words.

The river is shocking and appalling. One of your opponents has the queen and the other one is in denial. You are getting about 11-1 on this call except they will probably be back for more money in a moment. I still think BB has the real queen.

Even if no one has a queen you probably lose or at best split. What two hands are we putting them on? This is pretty hopeless and a clear fold.

Victor
07-27-2004, 04:39 PM
The river card sucks, but you made a huge error by not 3-betting the turn. In fact, a 3-bet here takes care of your river call as it will usually be only 1-bet to you on the river and you can easily call.

As it was, I would probably call the river any way and hope someone had A10 and 22.