PDA

View Full Version : A vicious snacking of yours truly.

DABANGER
07-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen of Goodwill & Leisure:

I am sad to report that yours truly, dabanger, has been viciously snacked by a team of a layabout, a racked-off tilter, and Mr. 20K (TD can decide who is who).

The game was 1/2 pot limit hold em and 1/2 pot limit omaha for hi only. The usual strategy of waiting for the Puzzle-fish(Jomo) to call his chips off was rendered null and void by Mr. 20K as he grossly overplayed a single pair of aces in a pot limit hand against the two pair that Jomo had made on the flop. The aces didn't improve and all of a sudden the virtually unsnackable Mr. 20K was on life support.

To his credit, he kicked it into short stack mode. He escaped a trip to the store by surviving an all in with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif against Johnnyhearts T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif. A King slid off on the turn and Mr. 20K was no longer in immediate peril.

With blinds of 60/120 and Johnny brings it in for a raise of about 300. Suspecting a steal, and paying no attention to the precept of the gap theory, I moved all in for about 425-450 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. Johnny calls with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Final board:
5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

***Prize pool***

Jomo: 24 oz Budweiser
The Gim: 20 oz Cherry Pepsi
Johnnyhearts: York Peppermint Patty.

drewjustdrew
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
What channel was this game on? I missed it in my TV guide.

DABANGER
07-27-2004, 05:39 PM
It was on TILT TV, a local cable access/UHF channel. This tournament is sure to go mainstream soon.