PDA

View Full Version : 4 flush on flop, help!

GAL
07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Can any one help me with this play? a standard strategy I employ when flopping a four flush is to flat call any pot size bet by one or more players on the flop -but I fold to any re-raise of the original bet- my reasoning being that e if one player makes a pot size bet i'm getting 2/1 odds on my call and if any other players flat call his bet my odds improve proportionally. However this still leaves me with only one way to win the pot, ie. if my suit comes up on the turn, as unless the original bettor checks the turn I won't be getting sufficent odds to call his next bet assuming he again bets the pot. So my question is could I create a +EV situation by betting the pot when I am first to act? because I will call a pot size bet, by betting first i am putting the same amount into the pot yet I give myself another way to win it and disguise my hand if the flush does come on the turn increasing my implied odds. Of course the downside would be that I may have to fold to a re-raise but even then a pot size re-raise would still give me 2/1 odds. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cleveland Guy
07-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Gal - are you talking about Limit or No- Limit?

Anyways, my basic strategy is to only lead out with a 4 flush when I have other things working for me.

Do I have Flush draw and OESD? Flush draw and top pair? Flush draw and 2 over cards?

These are hands I like to play agressive -because I am either out in front already, and the flush will just keep me further in front, or I have more outs.

If I have 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I like my odds a lot and will probably lead out.

If it's a "naked" flush draw - I'm check/call - cause yuo want to see it as cheaply as possible.

GAL
07-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry, it's NL multi and ST tournaments

Cleveland Guy
07-27-2004, 04:22 PM
If that's the case - I'm playing "naked" flush draws as cheap as possible.

Flush draws with other outs, and/or where I might already be ahead I'm playing more agressive.

highlife
07-27-2004, 04:24 PM
first of all, 2-1 pot odds is not suffient to call a bet just to see the turn if you are on a pure flush draw.

i just dont think there is one way to pigeon hole playing a flush draw, there are so many factors out their that influence the decision. try to be more specific with your question.