PDA

View Full Version : KK with overcard, flush draw and paired board...bet the turn?

TripleH68
07-27-2004, 02:22 PM
PokerStars: Hold'em Limit ($3/$6)
TripleH has K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP2.
BB is on a short stack and has been quiet.
Other players are passive/quick to fold to aggression.
(I find the best games.)

UTG calls,UTG+1 calls,2folds,TripleH68 raises,3folds,SB folds,BB calls,UTG calls,UTG+1 calls.

*** FLOP *** [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
BB checks,UTG checks,UTG+1 checks,TripleH68 bets,BB calls,2folds.
*** TURN *** [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB checks,TripleH68 ???

teddyFBI
07-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I think it's an automatic bet here, fold to a check-raise, and hope for a free showdown on the river (if he comes out betting on the riv, I also drop).

Not a great flop or turn for KK, but I say bet out, and hope the guy's on a club draw.

lil'
07-27-2004, 02:45 PM
The board looks scary, but think of it this way. When you bet the turn and get check-raised, you have an easy fold. See? A silver lining!

However, a lot of the time they call with crap or fold to the turn bet anyway.

chesspain
07-27-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The board looks scary, but think of it this way. When you bet the turn and get check-raised, you have an easy fold. See? A silver lining!

[/ QUOTE ]

My only concern with this normally reasonably plan is if BB, who is short-stacked, might try to bluff checkraise here as a desperation move.

lil'
07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
My only concern with this normally reasonably plan is if BB, who is short-stacked, might try to bluff checkraise here as a desperation move.

My concern with your concern is that if I called this down and were shown an ace or 7 I would want to kill myself for being the worst player ever. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TripleH68
07-27-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG calls,UTG+1 calls,2folds,TripleH68 raises,3folds,SB folds,BB calls,UTG calls,UTG+1 calls.

*** FLOP *** [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
BB checks,UTG checks,UTG+1 checks,TripleH68 bets,BB calls,2folds.
*** TURN *** [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB checks,TripleH68 ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the turn. River was 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB bet out on river and I called.
BB showed 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

I was thinking it was a close call on the turn...and I did fear the desparation c-r. I was prepared to call a bet on the river no matter what fell.